I'm back

Mahalo F.
on 3/26/17 8:35 am

Good morning my American friends!

I just got back from a much needed vacation in Florida.

I am trying to adjust to life back in Canada with a whole lot of snow and COLD weather.

Life is hard after getting back from the amazing warmth of sunshine and relaxation.

My trip went well... The airport was not a great experience. There are not any good food choices there.

Thank God I brought Premiere Protein shakes, cheese and fruit...

I was able to find the Danone Lean & Fit yogurt and they were amazing... So sad that they are not available here in Canada...

Drank a lot of water and decaf coffee daily...

I tried to introduce chicken tenderloin but had a terrible episode of pouch pain and then vomiting. I guess my chicken days are over. I had tuna with diced vegetables daily at lunch and soups at dinner. Peppers, cumcumber, celery with humous for snacks and that was great.

Eating out was difficult... Finding soups that were healthy and protein rich was impossible.

Lobster bisk, chicken noodle or clam chowder were my choices... Not for me

Had chili & onion soup without croutons.

Oh how I miss the bacon cheese burger and French fries!

My guilty pleasure... Those days are gone!

Aqua fit every morning and we were on the third floor.... Lots of walking up and down stairs and around the resort. Down 10 lbs. while I was gone.

Hard to believe that I started at 283 and I am at 210 lbs. now.

Staying away from starches (bread, pasta, potatoes and rice). I will probably reintroduce a bit of the rice & bread when I reach goal.

Can't wait to get ONE DERLAND!

I am still not sure what my goal weight should be. I would like to reach 175 lbs but I am not sure that is realistic. I was 22 years old when I weighed that last. The weight management team's goal weight for me is 190. I have a large bone frame and the excess skin will still be there. I guess I will take it one pound at a time.

Best decision that I have ever made.

We stay at an RCI time share resort and I have been going there for 8 years. Everyone noticed the weight loss and the compliments were amazing !

Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone!

Sandra Rose.

Mahalo.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Cosmos2112
on 3/26/17 12:50 pm

I'm going on holiday mid August to London, UK. It will be a challenge to find good stuff to eat. I've been researching. Small plates will be my friend. I've figured it out. A Sunday roast will be way too much food.

I'm addicted to Scottish smoked salmon from Trader Joe's. Hopefully along with one scrambled egg that can be my breakfast.

I'll be taking along four to six Premier Protein shakes and some Quest bars. I'm only doing carryon and I found out the shakes (from CBP Messinger chat) they will be classified as a medical product. I don't need a doctors note.

To save weight I want to get the vitamin patches but I have questions and the company never answers their phone.

Glad you had a great time!

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Mahalo F.
on 3/30/17 8:36 am

Good morning!

Sounds like it is going to be a great trip!

I brought (3) Premiere Protein Shakes with me in my carry on.

I had a doctor's note with an appropriate letter head.

I warn you they are pretty ridged at security. They are considered a medical product but only if accompanied by a doctor's letter.

Be prepared for a complete rub and pat down. They did it in Ottawa and again in Montreal. Scanned the crap out of the (3) bottles. I joked about THIS being the most action that I was going to get this vacation.

The process took a very long time and it was followed by a complete explosives residue test.

My (3) sons commented that they were pretty sure that I enjoyed the pat & rub down.... Ha!Ha!

They repeated the process leaving Fort Lauderdale.

I guess it was the price I had to pay to have the shakes. There were not good choices at the airport. I had one at noon and then again at 4 pm. Before I got on the plane. The last one at 10 pm when we arrived at the resort.

Hope this helps

Have fun and enjoy!

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

Gwen M.
on 3/26/17 1:53 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I wouldn't worry about your chicken days being over - try again in a few weeks. Things that don't work now might work later. And bacon cheeseburgers are great - just skip the bun and the fries.

How tall are you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lovely_Caprice
on 3/26/17 5:30 pm

You are doing so well. I am 7 months post-op and I still cannot eat chicken. Actually most meats don't agree. I'm fine I have adjusted. I'm only 10 lbs from goal. ya!!!

Mahalo F.
on 3/30/17 8:22 am

Good morning!

I am 5 8".... I am okay with chicken being over for now. Really miss the General Tao's Chicken though.

Everything has to be super moist or wet.

Trying to adjust to life without my Danone Greek Lean & Fit. Darn they were pretty awesome. Found some Loblaw's President's Choice Greek Lemon yogurt. 80 cal 12 grams of protein but smaller container...

Take care

Sandra

Mahalo.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

GmaDiana
on 3/26/17 2:21 pm

Good job.I know when I went on vacation it was hard to find the right stuff to eat.I tried to do the best I could with Greek yogurt and shakes.I lost weight too. I find being on vacation I usually get more exercise.Wishing you luck getting into Onder land.I just made it my self.First time in a long time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/17 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I eat bacon cheeseburgers with no bun (love them)! 1/3-1/2 fills me up. Welcome back!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Mahalo F.
on 3/30/17 8:26 am

I am going to wait until I reach goal.

They would be a bit dry for me right now.

My pouch doesn't seem to like anything dry.

Not to mention that they are my quilts pleasure.

Not sure I could tolerate just 1/3 right now... I am 12 weeks out today!

woo hoo! I can't believe how time flys...

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

Most Active