RNY after RNY reversal? Anyone have this done?

NickM1267
on 9/24/17 7:30 pm
RNY on 07/31/17

Oh. Ok. Thanks for explaining.

DOLPHINS06
on 5/17/17 3:40 pm

Hi CPearl where did yoou have you RNY reversed or the doctor..I have had so many issues ulcers, dilations , scaring and i cant eat lost more weight, teeth falling because of vomiting so much etc thank you lisa

CPearl
on 6/17/17 9:49 pm - MD

It was done by my RNY surgeon at INOVA in Fairfax. I would recommend having the discussion with your surgeon though. If you have active ulcers, chances are they will not want to open you up to perform such a complicated surgery - active ulcers would add risk. When I had an ulcer, they gave me Prilosec and Carafate. Carafate is a life saver with ulcer pain and healing. The Prilosec was great for keeping the acid down and less irritating. But the Carafate, relief within minutes. If it weren't for that stuff, I wouldn't have been able to eat. Getting the ulcers healed is important. Talk to your surgeon about it. You may not have to go down such a drastic road as having a take down done if they are able to get you healthy and feeling good again. I wish mine hadn't been taken down, I would have preferred to just have the obstruction fixed... But here I am - trying to get approved for vsg. But I would definitely have the conversation with your surgeon - at the very least tell him/her what your thoughts are - work together to come up with the best plan for your situation. I wish you luck and send you prayers for healing.

Most Active