How long do you let it go?

Pokemom
on 3/22/17 9:19 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hey Deanna! How are things going? Husband home and propped with pillows? How are you doing?

As for raining and pouring, my husband was diagnosed with pretty bad pneumonia today! Tomorrow he has more tests, and if things are no better, then it's the hospital for him! He takes a pretty powerful immunosuppresant for rheumatoid arthritis, so that does not help things much. We are hoping things are better tomorrow.

So it's a little visit to crazy town around here. I hope your crazy town is manageable. One way or another, you'll make it through.

Hang in there.

(And don't forget Netflix.)

xoxo

Deanna798
on 3/23/17 5:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh NO! Prayers being said for your hubby, and for strength all around.

My hubby is hurting. When the did the surgery, they tried to do a spinal block so they didn't have to intubate him, but it didn't work well enough to do the surgery that way, so they ended up just putting him under completely. Well, apparently the blocked worked well enough to kill most of the pain he would have had, and yesterday around 3:30, the feeling came back in his leg. His incision is hurting him pretty badly, but he's keeping up on his pain meds, and I was able to pick up his Percocet 10's on the way home yesterday.

I admit to having a little cry in the car on the way to work today, for some reason I'm feeling a bit emotionally fragile. But overall, I'm slogging through. I may bend under the strain a bit, but I won't snap. I think it's just making sure I get enough sleep and plan, plan, plan and I'll be okay. So today, dinner is in the crock pot already, I just called in the refill for my Prozac, which I'll be out of tomorrow, and my plan for tonight is laundry and house work.

Have a great day, and good luck on your hubby's tests tomorrow! I hope it all works out for you.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Pokemom
on 3/23/17 10:26 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I had a nerve block too. Mine was in my leg, not my spine. It did work, and when it wore off about 24 hrs after the surgery, the pain was just incredible. Just crazy awful, and the pain meds did not touch it, even though I had been on them regularly before the block wore off. After several hours, the pain returned to a level I could manage. But yes, you hubby will be in a lot of pain for a while. It does get better though!

p.s. after WLS, we all know how the narcotics block off our bowels. Pushing things out, while having to keep one leg non-weight-bearing, is especially hard. Get hubby some going now on Colace, and for back up, get some Smooth Move Tea, some Dr Christopher lower bowel formula (if you can find it), and even a glycerin suppository. Just sayin'. There is incision pain, and there is urgent bowel pain. In know, TMI.

Good luck to you. Hang in there. You will come through it all right. I had a little cry this morning too. It helps. Then we move forward with a smile!

Most Active