So excited that I almost forgot my nsv's!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/19/17 8:53 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I was so excited to hit my 199 that I forgot to mention my nsv's! I had to drill more holes in my belt today. I also could see the tip of my right toe over my Buddha belly while standing straight in the shower! Woo hoo!

CC C.
on 3/19/17 9:41 pm

Way to go!!

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/20/17 6:57 am

"Toe?" Is that code after the big fuss you caused a while ago?

Consider yourself ordered to go out today to buy a new belt. The excess end of the one you keep stabbing must be long enough now to hang yourself even while the rest of it is around your waist. You'll look slimmer with a belt that isn't dragging on the ground. You'll be safer with a belt that won't get caught in the machinery. No excuses, no "But, but [sputter, sputter] I cut the excess when I do the stabbing."

P.S. Good for you.

CC C.
on 3/20/17 8:15 am

I chuckled at that too. A woman would buy a new belt. A man drills a new hole in the old one!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/20/17 9:15 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Yeppers! The left toe isn't quite visible yet. (I'm avoiding mentioning the number of peaks on the horizon). As far as the belt goes, I am looking for a new one. The problem is that I'm VERY particular with my belts and I haven't found any that I like yet. I really like a solid, heavy-duty belt. Part of the reason for that is that I do carry a firearm for personal protection. Unfortunately I have been shot at while on the job. The excess tail of the belt doesn't bother me but it does go around to my back pocket.

Rachel B.
on 3/20/17 9:34 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

That's a TROPHY!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

theAntiChick
on 3/20/17 9:58 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Oh, good Lord, man... buy a new belt. Keep that one as a trophy, but for the love of Pete, QUIT WEARING IT!!!

These are the adjustable ones my hubby wants

https://grip6.com/

But in trying to find the site again, I found about a dozen others googling "slide adjustable belts for men" including some very nice leather ones.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

theAntiChick
on 3/20/17 12:39 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I missed the CCW mention. Yeah, you'll need a heavy-duty belt, and some of the slide ones won't do, but I did see a couple in quality leather that had a neat-o ratcheting system that allowed micro-adjustments but would be secure enough for IWB or OWB carry, I would think.

Come to think of it, I will need to try a carry rig again. I couldn't find an IWB carry position that worked for me when I was heavy. Now that I found my waist again, I bet it will solve the problem. :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/20/17 2:47 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I have a DeSantis ankle holster that I've been using and I'm happy with it but a draw is slow and obvious. I just bought a crossbreed iwb with horsehide leather and kydex. It will take awhile to get used to.

Rachel B.
on 3/20/17 5:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm beginning to think that if you turn your head around backward, you could see your heels quite well. Seems you've lost your ass!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active