NSV (beware it maybe tmi)

skinny_gigi
on 3/17/17 4:18 pm

So I'm 2.5 weeks post op and I'm down about 19 lbs from surgery and 30 lbs overall since the beginning. While the number on the scale is great I'm really happy to report on my NSVs!!!

1. My feet have shrunk significantly. I've gone down 1/2 size there. I have small feet but they were very round because they were always very swollen.

2. I hardly have any feet pain, i used to suffer from plantar faciitis and I don't know if I just don't have it anymore but i have noticed my feet don't hurt!

3. I had acanthosis nigricans which is dark skin around the neck areas and other areas...and it's faded SO much. Almost 100% gone!

4. I suffered from stress incontinence...and now that's completely resolved!

This has been an emotional 2.5 weeks, but i have no regrets, the surgery has had an amazing positive impact in my life!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

horrible_monster
on 3/17/17 5:49 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

Awesome!

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

ahuesatti
on 3/17/17 5:50 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

Don't be embarrassed about your weight related ailments-- they're a lot more common than you think! And this is the crowd that has experienced them too. :)

jenorama
on 3/17/17 6:12 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

The stress incontinence for me was a big one. All of that 19 lbs must be visceral fat that was pressing down on your bits! :D

Jen

Most Active