aI have been pronounced "too skinny"!

AggieMae
on 3/14/17 8:28 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

We went to a Shiva last night and two extremely overweight woman, one who l barely known and have actively been avoiding since last October informed me that I am already "too skinny". I weigh 216 pounds!

I think one of them was probably trying to be nice the other one, who once told me that I would probably gain all the weight back anyway, is just a nasty b.

People are so weird when it comes to OTHER PEOPLES weight loss.

One the plus side...I was in charge of the food and even though I spent all afternoon preparing it I stayed on plan all day, my Dr took me off blood pressure meds and I fit into a (regular size) xl dress!

ahuesatti
on 3/14/17 8:45 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

I hope you gave her THE EYE!

And congrats on the XL dress-- I can't wait to wear one myself!

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/14/17 8:53 pm

That's called "sour grapes," Aggie Mae. Pay no attention to her.

My condolences.

Erin T.
on 3/15/17 6:28 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm 8 weeks out and I get asked all the time how much I have left to go and when I tell them "Well, about 30lbs to my first goal" they gasp and say "Oh no, that's far too much."

Just because you're used to seeing me fat doesn't mean I don't have the right to be skinny!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

One Bad Beach
on 3/15/17 10:38 am
RNY on 11/28/16

This right here! You're so right. I had someone ask me this same question this morning. I said that I had about 50 more to lose to be at goal. He replied, "Oh, gosh. You look great now. You don't need to lose another 50 lbs!"

I can agree that I look great! But....I do deserve to hit my goal, go under, whatever!!! I'll settle where I'm happy. I definitely didn't do this for some co-worker. I did it for me.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Gina 22 years out
on 3/15/17 11:31 am - Burleson, TX

Kandace-sounds like he meant it as a COMPLIMENT, but people can just be so clueless...he never should have asked such a rude question, in the first place...YOU gotta get your better answers ready, girl!!! You know...

None of your damn business...

Wow...what a personal question...

My personal favorite, to any rude question: WHY DO YOU ASK?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

One Bad Beach
on 3/15/17 11:54 am
RNY on 11/28/16

I'm just too damn nice, Gina! I know he meant it as a compliment, but don't meet me at the front door and say, "Wow. You're just gonna waste away, aren't ya? How much more do you plan on losing?" I don't mind answering questions. Everyone knows I've had WLS.

First of all, it was a compliment, in it's own way. Secondly, none of his business, but nonetheless, he's my elder, and I was raised to treat my elders with respect....even if they're not being respectful to me.

My answer was straightforward and to the point, blunt, even. He complimented, said I looked good and didn't need to lose more weight. I understand he sees it like this. He's got his opinion. I just don't speak mine, especially if they're disrespectful. But in the back of my head...

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

White Dove
on 3/15/17 6:51 am - Warren, OH

In a year of so when you have a regain these same people will be the first to gleefully point it out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AggieMae
on 3/15/17 4:17 pm
VSG on 10/25/16
On March 15, 2017 at 1:51 PM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

In a year of so when you have a regain these same people will be the first to gleefully point it out.

My goal is 175 pounds because it's the weight that I tend to stay at the longest as I yoyo up and down. Yes, it's still overweight but it's not obese. I plan to get to about 160 before I go on maintenance.

I can actually eat about 1800 calories a day and maintain 170-175. So i'm optimistic about not having a big re gain.

God_Rocks
on 3/20/17 6:01 pm

Hi Angie Mae,

I agree....people don't always know how to react to the weight changes others make. When I started my journey, I was scared to loose too much weight. As 100 and then 200 lbs came off, I was close to the Dr's goal and asked them when will I know if I've gone too far?

Now I use the words they gave me to others who give me that "and you're going to stop now right?" look...

You need to keep eating the way you're eating ,keep moving and your body will make the adjustments and find the place it's going to be. Just keep doing what you're doing. So now I tell those who think I'm too skinny, I just keep doing what I'm doing and my body will decide where it should stay. It's been really helpful for me actually. Haters will hate, but know who you are and stand in your truth!