Missing Richard Simmons Podcast

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/20/17 6:24 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I listened to all the available podcasts this Saturday during my LOOOOOOONGGGGG commute. I have to confess that there were parts that made me tear up -- especially when he talked in front of congress about obesity in children. I too feel passionately about our children's right to be healthy -- and I guess I related to him about a lot of the pain that comes with being obese.

I still really have no idea what to think about his disappearance. His brother seemed the most trustworthy and reasonable of all the people interviewed -- and something rang true about Simmons simply wanting to be out of the spotlight. One thing that I gleaned from the stories people told about him was that he has always been a lonely empathic person with a great deal of emotional pain. I am not sure if he had a breakdown that has been used by people in his life to gain control over his wealth -- or if there's something more sinister going on.

Part of me wondered if he hadn't had a tremendous regain and is ashamed to be seen.

Whatever the case may be, I personally wish Simmons nothing but good things in life.

I cannot wait for the next/final podcast to be released.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

OneBlueSock
on 3/20/17 10:02 am
RNY on 06/21/17

I apparently missed this post when you made it....I'm going to try giving the podcast a listen. I actually wasn't even aware that he'd disappeared from public view until I did a quick google a few moments ago!

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics