What do you like about OH?

Vegbeth
on 3/12/17 2:25 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

The group doesn't get much traffic but I'm relentless in seeking out ways to make this low carb hig protein vegan thing work and I often find things in posts unrelated to veganism that direct me to new resources. And I'm always checking back in there to see if I can share any info

I am still an incredible newbie but I'm thrilled I've figured how to get veggies in all three meals and meet my protein goals. Plus my weight loss is progressing nicely, especially considering my low bmi going into surgery. I started the process with a bmi over 40 but once I committed I was gung ho and lost a lot during my 8 month preop period. At first that made me reconsider the surgery right before but I'm already lower than I've been able to achieve on my own in the past 20 years and I know I'm going to get much lower (cruising right into a normal BMI).

I beleive there is definitely an alternative to meat eating post vsg and I am going to try to be around here long enough to prove it as vet (so many years from now)!

i do like not being lost in the crowd around here. Makes me feels special

Notaboutperfect
on 3/13/17 11:48 am
VSG on 11/08/16

I'm a single mom with a long commute, so I simply don't have time for an in-person support group. I "lurk" a lot and post occasionally.

I like an online forum to help me stay focused wherever I am. When the day is crazy, and candy is calling my name, it helps to hop on and read about NSVs, struggles, etc.

What I find invaluable about OH is the sense that I'm not alone and that others have done/been through this. I haven't had any original questions, which is why I lurk--I tend to find the answers before I ask the question. What I have found unique to OH (as opposed to other similar forums) is the quality of the information. I see thoughtful questions as well as thoughtful answers. I log in at least 3 times a week, sometimes more, and I always find at least one post that makes me smile or engages my brain or heart in some way.

AnneGG
on 3/14/17 6:43 am, edited 3/13/17 11:43 pm

I got my education here with respect to what to expect and how to handle things- it was invaluable. It was much more comprehensive than what I received from my surgeon and his office staff. I read pages and pages of posts in several forums before and after my surgery. I also belonged to a support group and a couple of groups on Facebook.

Now as a vet managing well I'm off into my life and don't come here much. But I sure am grateful for what I learned here.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/17 6:21 am

I love the wealth of info from those that have "been there, done that". The support on this site is amazing! I don't function well in groups of people, so physical groups are out of the question. So this is perfect for me. Thanks to you all!

Most Active