What are your favorite self-care/soothing activities and products since WLS?

heidikat72
on 3/10/17 1:19 pm - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Pedicures are a new love. I've never really liked having anyone touch my feet but now with all the walking, I've started pampering my feet with the occasional pedicure. And admittedly sometimes it's really the massage chair while my feet soak that keeps me going back to the nail salon!

Yoga - started an early morning class last fall and loved it but it was cancelled so I went several months without it (the other yoga classes at my gym are during my work hours) but they recently started Body Flow classes that combine yoga, tai chi and pilates. Oh my goodness - I love it! And yes, I considering it very soothing - the stretching really helps my lower back and hips and the relaxation breathing and meditation within it definitely help clear and soothe my mind. I'm really hoping these classes stick around.

And as others have said - moisturizers/face potions and creams. Definitely putting more effort into skin care than I ever have before hoping it helps tighten things up as the weight comes off. And so far my neck is faring pretty well even being 4inches smaller in circumference that it used to be - not too much turkey neck going on.

I also enjoy the daily afternoon cup of tea at work. About 3 o'clock in a hectic day it really helps to recenter with a warm cuppa to sip on. Plus teas for me are very much aromatherapy as well.

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

Pokemom
on 3/10/17 4:30 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Those body flow classes sound really wonderful. Before my chronic Achilles injury, I used to take some restorative Yoga classes, and I really liked them. I am hopeful that after my surgery recovery (a nice long year), that I can return to some of those. I had thought that Yoga would still work after the injury, but it was still too much of a strain--there is a reason that "Achilles Heel" is a metaphor for affecting everything we do--it really does!

Also, I totally agree on the aromatherapy/tea combo!

Most Active