Birch water infusion by Treo yay or nay?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/8/17 5:58 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Has anyone had this before & do you think it's good to have to up the water consumption?, but not get in the way of weight loss/maintenance?

I'm always looking for different ideas to flavor my water but I have a sweet tooth. On the one hand a 16oz bottle has 2 servings & its 10 calories a serving, but it does have a little bit of juice in it, plus its 9 carbs for each serving, but 1g of sugar for each serving.

I'm wondering when trying to stay low carb, if this should just stay on the shelf, or had in very limited quantities.

The ingredients are: Filtered water, organic birch sap, organic erythritol, organic pineapple juice concentrate, citric acid, natural flavors, organic fruit & vegetable juice (color), sodium citrate, ascorbic acid, organic stevia extract (Reb A).

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

White Dove
on 3/8/17 7:22 pm - Warren, OH

I would try it. Might taste like root beer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/8/17 7:31 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

HaHa root beer, I haven't had that in the longest time. What's throwing me off is the numbers. I saw it & thought oh good its tasty & low calorie, but then I saw the carbs & thought oh those are a little high for a drink, then I saw that sugar was low too & thought yay low sugar. I mean it tasted sweet & I luv me some sweets but I don't want to screw myself up either.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

White Dove
on 3/8/17 7:48 pm - Warren, OH

It is a lot of carbs so not something you would want to have often.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/8/17 7:53 pm

Erythritol is form of SA. Most people can tolerate it with no problems like but some still gets the SA side effects - gas, bloating, etc.

Try and let us know how you react.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/8/17 8:28 pm
Stuff like that makes me want more sweets.
Gina 22 years out
on 3/9/17 4:01 am - Burleson, TX

T...I should never try to read before coffee ...

I read ***** water...pretty sure I don't need supplementation in THAT department!

Havent heard of birch water...interesting...will read responses...but first....COFFEE

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/9/17 10:30 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

HaHa bit*h water! Girl that's too funny! Coffee is usually the first thing I drink b4 I start my day.

siberiancat
on 3/9/17 6:26 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

You might want to log your food intake and see how many carbs you average in a day. Personally, I wouldn't want to add 18 grams of carbs for a drink that has no protein.

My general rule is drinks have 0 calories. My exception is organic milk or organic half and half. I sometimes make a hot tea latte or have half and half in my hot black tea. One cup of organic lowfat milk has 80 calories and 8 grams of protein, and 12 grams of carbs.

Just me, but if I'm drinking liquid with carbs - I'd want some nutritional value.

I'm currently trying to lose 8 pounds - so I'm counting calories, carbs, ounces of fluid and grams of protein. I'm trying to stay under 50 grams of carbs a day.

Just my thoughts - your mileage may vary and thats ok.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Renren
on 3/9/17 9:28 am
VSG on 12/02/15

That's 18 carbs per 16 oz. I would only have it very rarely if ever. Maybe try something like Mio water enhancers or crystal light

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Most Active