on 3/8/17 3:49 pm

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Donna L.
on 3/8/17 10:18 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That is horrible. :(

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/9/17 4:16 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Cathy H.
on 3/8/17 8:51 pm, edited 3/8/17 12:53 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

FWIW, I have been taking Lexapro for depression for about 14 years. I like it because, personally, I didn't suffer any adverse side effects. Additionally, the couple of times I decided I didn't need it, I didn't have any withdrawal issues, just stopped taking it. Unfortunately, life decided to continue to throw more than I could handle my way, so I'm still taking it. Without it I am a short-tempered, angry biotch who yells at people and cries a lot. With it, I am the patient, even-tempered person I was before depression, and I rarely cry unless it's for a good reason. I've never tried any other medication, this one has always worked great for me.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Rachel B.
on 3/9/17 4:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Hey there. I'm so very sorry for your losses. Congratulations on your sobriety! Alcohol use only makes depression and anxiety worse, so stopping the alcohol at least will decrease that a bit. It will get progressively better the longer you're sober. I've a little over four & half years sober. Sometimes it is still day by day. One of the main things that always keeps me sober is knowing I would have to start from day one again, and I've got too much time behind me. That was as strong, if not stronger, at 90 days as it is now. Depression and anxiety can be so frickin' debilitating. I was 23 when I first got help for depression and anxiety. I went off and on meds for a few years before I realized it was something I could not live without. Meds can help, and some of us have to take them indefinitely. But therapy is where the hard work is done. The worst part is trying to find a therapist that 'fits'. Sometimes you have to tell your story over and over again, and that is daunting. But the healing relationship you can gain makes it worth it in the long run. For medications, go see a psych professional. Psychiatrist or Psych Nurse Practitioner, but a Primary Care Physician does not have the specialized training of a Mental Health Professional, and they often can do far more harm than good. Sleep, Exercise, good nutrition and proper hydration are vital to good mental health. Sleep especially.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active