Varicose Veins

NYMom222
on 3/8/17 9:55 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Varicose veins can be painful, especially with the extra weight. Mine used to get sore or throbbing if I was on them all day, or if I was walking a lot on concrete floors or pavement.

I am having mine treated now... I was able to only have one lasered... they can only laser straight ones, they can't laser the ones that are squiggly - for lack of a better word. I've been getting shots in the other- it creates scar tissue and forces the blood to find another path. It takes several months for the full effect, but I see significant improvement already....

If you are having a sudden change, it is always good to see your Doctor.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ebonymc
on 3/9/17 7:53 pm

Thanks much for the responses. YES, I am worried about the sudden swelling of the veins in my legs. I go to see my PCP in a few days. I want to say that it started after my B/P med was changed. 2 weeks after the change I developed sciatic nerve pain in my hip. I was told that it stemmed from my lower back. I was also given a high dose of cholesterol meds to start taking.

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/17 6:43 am

I did have some darkening in my lower legs pre surgery because I had jobs where I had to stand up all day .

For me ( but I was a young lightweight) the " herbal remedies " worked great ( and continue to work )

horse chestnut extract if I feel any pinching

vitamin k cream or lotion to make the veins invisible

ebonymc
on 3/12/17 8:11 pm

Thanks so much, I'll try em

Most Active