Staying positive

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/17 5:38 am

I don't even remember what I said to the teacher. I just remember cracking up. She was my favorite teacher.

She taught me that a woman can be strong. She used to always talk about her boyfriend to us girls. Nowadays she would be in trouble for it. But we loved to listen to her.

She would said she would never marry him. She wanted to be independent.

She was my cooking teacher.

Teachers really do have an impact on students.

My mom just loves me no matter what. She just gets scared sometime what may come out of my mouth when I am out somewhere with her.

Mary Gee
on 3/8/17 1:34 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Susan, thank you so much for your post.

Depression can be paralyzing for me. I'm living alone for the first time in my life, and there are days I feel like I'm in a black hole, unable to climb out. I have to force myself to get out of the house. Even though I feel 100% better when I do go out, it's still a battle to get myself moving.

I have an appointment with a new counselor later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I've had some issues in the past.

It's ongoing.... but even though it's a battle, I'm so glad I had WLS. I suffer from depression, but life is so much better now.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/17 1:47 pm

Mary I am glad you are going to a new counselor. I know when I go it helps. My friends can help me but only so much.

Sometimes getting a lifeline of people can help. Or just shooting a text to someone can make you feel not alone.

Just remember you are a strong woman. A woman of dignity. A very nice man in AA told me to remember you are a beautiful person and woman of grace and dignity. Even if you are not an alcoholic this we should tell ourselves daily.

KateScott
on 3/8/17 3:43 pm

Thanks for your post! It has inspired me! We can do everything! We are invincible!

Most Active