What do you do this weekend?

theAntiChick
on 3/6/17 7:52 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I made the mistake of thinking I could just get up and go to a festival (Irish music festival in Dallas) and walk around for hours without paying the price for it.

Family and I had a good time, I'm just paying for it today because I'm sore all over and can barely move. Life as an auto-immune patient, yay! I dragged myself to work, though because if I didn't I'd just stay in bed and get more stiff and sore. If I'm going to be miserable, I might as well be miserable at work. LOL.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

CC C.
on 3/6/17 8:40 am

My dad is putting his house on the market at the end of the month, so we spent yesterday decluttering and putting things in boxes for donation and sale. It was such an emotional day as my mom's stamp is all over the house (she passed away December 2010). She always used to tell me, "don't get rid of my things when I'm gone." If you have kids, don't ever lay that kind of guilt on them!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 9:09 am
CC C.
on 3/6/17 9:33 am

Thank you! I have loads of time for myself, so that's good. It's a task that was going to have to be done sometime and was going to be awful no matter when. Like what do you do with all of her yearbooks and diplomas? Antiques? Crafts? Family heirlooms I don't remember the stories to? I really don't want any more stuff in my house as I have clutter of my own to clear out. And as my therapist said, if we keep everything from every generation, we'd be buried in things, unable to function. Makes me want to live out of a suitcase with no possessions to burden whoever has to clean up after me when I go!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 6:26 pm
CC C.
on 3/6/17 6:37 pm

So smart. That's gonna be me! Or giving colored stickers to everyone I know to walk through and label what they want.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/6/17 9:26 am
VSG on 08/29/16

That is rough! Sorry that you are having to deal with the emotional side that way.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 8:40 am
ThatMeanOne
on 3/6/17 9:38 am
VSG on 08/22/16

So I actually helped Mr MeanOne sand and polyurethane our floors...which was great in a way because I'm happy i had the energy to do the work along side him and be a supportive wife...and we managed to have a lot of fun along the way .... but I don't think we will be doing it again anytime soon. It's a **** ton of work!

One Bad Beach
on 3/6/17 9:46 am
RNY on 11/28/16

My weekend started on Friday with the so-called "date night." It all started with shopping for work boots for my husband, so I tortured him with about an hour long stint at Goodwill. The rest of date night consisted of grocery shopping sans children, which I thought would be cheaper, but no. I was wrong.

Saturday was spent at my parents place, the homestead. We "gassed" some rattlesnakes out from under the barns there. Amazing spectacle!

Yesterday, we planted flowers and plants in all of my containers. There are about fifty spread across our property, so it's a day-long event. While little miss and I planted the containers, the hubs and little misters tilled the spot for our garden. We didn't get anything planted in the garden, but the tomato and pepper plants are sitting in my kitchen sink, ready to go in the ground when the tilling is done.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Most Active