What do you do this weekend?

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/5/17 8:07 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I greet my employees with this question every Monday and sometimes the answer is nothing, other times it is interesting. So what did you do?

For me on Saturday I replaced the rear brakes on my dad's Ford Focus, hauled off a trailer load of trash and puttered around the house and garage. This morning I pressure washed an engine and tranny, under the hoods of my wife's Honda, my Yukon and my buddies truck. Afterwards my buddy and I got the engine in the car and everything on the top of the engine back together before I got called out and had to drive 30 miles in snow because someone was an idiot. I love being on call...

Insert Fitness
on 3/6/17 4:47 am

Our weekends are usually pretty go-go-go,but this one wasn't. My husband had to work most of the weekend, and it was bitterly cold, so we stuck mostly to home.

although Friday we did go check out the red bull crashed ice races! So cold, so fun!

then yesterday afternoon we watched the new wolverine movie. It's really good! But very different from a typical xmen movie.

and in between, I spent time working on a website project and general puttering around the house.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 4:57 am

Just reading ya'll's posts made me tired. lol I did yard work and mowed the lawn. It has been a mild winter here in TN and everything is overgrown already.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/6/17 6:56 am
VSG on 08/29/16

We have had a wet winter here. We have already met our "water year" totals but still the sun has poked out enough that I need to get on the yard work already.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 5:11 am, edited 3/5/17 9:58 pm - CA

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but there looks what appears to be, a huge spider in your garage! I can't even look at the pic. lol

Looks like you got a lot accomplished this weekend.

My weekend was not as interesting as yours or Insert Fitneess. I did some overdue shopping and had to run errands. Other than that, it was a boring weekend. The weather here in CA turned cold, so I did not hit the beach for morning walks, but I will be as soon as it warms back up. These CA winters are just horrible.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/6/17 6:51 am
VSG on 08/29/16

The huge spider is there to mess with my wife and son. She is afraid of spiders so my son is too. I hang that spider from the emergency release for the garage door so that as soon as the door moves the spider gets jerked around.

Kathy S.
on 3/6/17 11:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Deanna798
on 3/6/17 5:53 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My weekend was good, and only mildly busy.

Saturday I took the puppy to Puppy Playtime at the local Petco. Then my hubby, my oldest son (17 years old) and I went to see Logan for a mantinee while the little one went to hang out with his Grandma. The afternoon was mellow, and we went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Sunday morning hubby and I did our weekly grocery shopping trip, then I put together the new booster seat that I bought for my youngest (he's 3 years old) for my mother's house, and then adjusted the straps in the car seat that is in my car. Then I took the puppy for a short walk, which was a huge win for us since he's still not loving being outside. But the weather was decent this weekend and he was wearing the sweater I crocheted for him last week. The rest of the evening was spent just hanging out with the family, making sure baths were taken and laundry was done for the week. I did some food prep and made protein pancakes to throw in the fridge for breakfast this week.

All in all a nice, mellow weekend.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

reree6898
on 3/6/17 6:47 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Overall a good weekend. One of my best life long friends came down from Michigan for the weekend so Friday was filled with baking 4 dozen whoopee pies in various flavors for a big family/friend get together on Saturday, and shopping, house cleaning etc. Saturday was the all day get together which was filled with long overdue laughter. Sunday was going to the movies to see The Shack and out to dinner with friends and family. Few hiccups over the weekend with some behavior issues from my youngest but overall a great weekend. Added bonus was that while I did let myself have a treat I still did not overdo it with bad foods and I still made sure to take the time to exercise so that is a victory to me.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Jester
on 3/6/17 7:16 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

I had a full day on Saturday - my son is home from college for Spring Break, so we spent the day down in Detroit - went to a Vegan Soul food restaurant for lunch, checked out the new Nike store downtown, went to the Detroit Institute of Arts to check out a new photography exhibit and ended the day checking out the new Third Man Records Vinyl Pressing shop Jack White recently opened in Midtown.

If you haven't been to Detroit lately, or ever, or have negative impressions of it, you should really check it out. After so many decades of decay, it is experiencing an absolutely amazing renaissance. So much going on in the city, so many cool things to do.

National Geographic just named Detroit the top unexpected city for food lovers in North America (they literally named only one per continent - excluding Antarctica of course): http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/features/best-food- cities-2017/

The New York Times also recently named Detroit one of the 52 places to go worldwide in 2017 (the featured photo is actually the Diego Rivera installation at the DIA): https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/travel/places-to-vi sit.html?_r=0

After my trip downtown, I caught production of High School Musical at my daughters Middle School and went out with some friends for a late dinner afterwards.

On Sunday, I did absolutely nothing other than take a walk (freezing) and pack up lunches for the week.

Most Active