First nurses consulation

donnyjojo
on 3/4/17 2:50 pm

Do they do any testing for the first nurses consultation and I noticed they ask about marijunana use. I do not use weed myself but i do hang around a certain friend that does, and in sports ive seen that second hand smoke can be picked up. Just curious if you think i would have any concerns regarding this?

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/17 5:13 am - CA

Each program is different as to what they do on the initial intake. This one could possibly be just them gathering all your medical history and doing an assessment. Sometime, there may be prelim testing done, like EKG or possibly bloodwork. It just varies.

As for your second question. You are fine. Marijuana is detected in blood and urine samples. Second hand smoke will not cause your urine or blood to show that.

Nik

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/5/17 6:56 am

If your surgery practices takes blood at the first appt, you should be told in advance whether you need to fast. It's my own policy to ask regardless of the purpose of a medical appt just so that I can be prepared and get it over with rather than having to return only for blood work.

Best wishes for your first step in the process.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 2:30 pm

each program may be different.

Most Active