I never imagined.....

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 8:40 am, edited 3/4/17 8:41 am - CA

My boyfriend and I love to go hiking. We started doing it several years ago and suprisingly, I found it to be very enjoyable. We have some great places in California to go and hike and we are very lucky to be back here to enjoy that past time again. I never imagined 16 years ago that I would be someone who would love to hike and climb trails but I do! I've made a goal to get back to hiking by this summer, because I have missed it and the calmness it brings.

What activity/past time or hobby are you doing now, that you never imagined you would do prior to WLS?

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/4/17 8:43 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Actually, hiking. I hate walking just to walk and an exercise bike bores me. Funny how hiking is just walking in the woods and I enjoy it.

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 8:49 am - CA

I have to agree. I get bored just walking, but give me some beautiful scenery and I am good. We also love to go walking on the beach in the early morning on the weekends, before it gets crowded. It is a nice walk with some great sounds that are very relaxing. Lately, I've been having to walk on the treadmill due to the storms here in CA and I have been bored out of my mind. I am ready to get out and about again!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 8:52 am, edited 3/4/17 12:53 am

This is not a pass-time or hobby but a lifetime heartfelt work-goal.i always wanted to produce tv shows .

I never seriously thought I'd have any chance to succeed because I wasn't born into it nor was I beautiful enuf to make it as a star .. but I had the drive most of the looks definitely the talent ..I just couldn't stop trying .

My weight really was what held me back ..being sexually abused as a child and teen binging to protect myself because I was repeatedly victimized . I really do think I have something interesting to say . Still.

peachpie
on 3/4/17 9:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Running- and I absolutely love it. Started with C25K and am working towards 5 mile runs now. I have no interest in 5ks, marathons, etc-- I just love the peace I get running with my thoughts and setting personal goals for myself.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 9:20 am - CA

I sooooooo admire you! I used to run when I was younger, but of course with weight gain that came to a complete and total standstill. I had wanted to get back into running, but have not been able to due to stress fractures in both metatarsals. iI doubt I will ever be able to do it again, but I agree with you there is a peace about it and I think I miss that the most.

Most Active