Who eats fruit ?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/6/17 7:09 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I rarely eat fruit -- as a insulin dependent diabetic who is now in remission, I have found that my body just sees it as sugar, it reacts accordingly and ultimately, I am far more hungry (probably due to insulin release).

I have never "dumped" but I also have never tested the boundaries. Perhaps I would?

When I do, it's in berry form: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and marion berries. Even tomatoes. I eat those in strong moderation and as a treat, however.

Peppers are my main source of vitamin C outside of supplementation.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/17 12:21 pm

I eat 2-3 serving of fruits a day now. I am trying to gain weight - 3-5 lbs, and increase my cholesterol (it is too low again). That is the only time I eat fruits - when I am trying slowly to gain weight. I still stick to berries and occasional 1/2 grapefruit. The rest - have too much sugar.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sai F.
on 3/6/17 1:02 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

I have a strong aversion to sweet things but luckily it has not transferred to fruit. It could be because I never liked sweet fruit to begin with, not sure. My strong aversion to sweets happened during pre-op stage when all I could drink are those sweet protein shakes day in and day out. I eat half a grapefruit, lemons or a granny smith apple on a daily basis, sometimes I have berries or half of a frozen banana for my smoothies.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

siberiancat
on 3/7/17 1:16 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I pretty much just eat berries. I probably have 5 one-half cup servings a week. Berries are lower in sugar but have good fiber.

Sweet foods actually call my name, so i have to be careful.

Meat causes my pouch problems and often causes foamies or just won't stay down. I wi**** would be sweets instead that causes a grouchy pouch!!

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Lauren010110
on 3/7/17 2:55 pm - Victorville, CA

I will have fruit every now and then. I will have a few berries, or some slices of melon... I get fruit for my daughter and she LOVES whatever I put in front of her.

I still try to be mindful of the sugars (I am pregnant now and can tolerate a little more grams of sugar to my diet and it does not bother me) but I do have to say, I do not have an entire bowl (or 5) like I did prior to my WLS.

I am still afraid of dumping, which is ok with me (the fear, not the dumping)... I am ok being afraid that I have that tool to scare me straight and remind me that I cannot be like I was prior to WLS.

Most Active