How do you get enough water?

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/4/17 8:30 am

AggieMae, it's not at all crazy. You're bringing up one of the questions for the ages.

My first glass is easy. I take synthroid, which requires a full cup of water. Within half an hour, I drink a second. I find that those two first thing in the morning make it easy to get the rest of it in through the day. One-quarter of the day's goal is a lot to get out of the way early.

I also give myself credit for a half cup daily from vegetables.

Fredbear
on 3/4/17 3:49 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Just do it.

I keep a 24 oz. bottle on my desk and sip from it constantly. I usually get 72-96 oz. between 8am and noon.

No excuses.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/17 7:27 am
VSG on 10/31/16

It isn't crazy at all. I have to remind myself continually to drink. I have a 32 ounce insulated cup that I have had for years and I keep it filled with water and ice all day long. I also buy bottled water and keep one or two in my car at all times. We have a small fridge outside of our back door (stocked with water, sugar free tea, vitamin water) so when I leave to go any where I take something to drink.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/17 8:05 am - CA

I have always had issues with getting my water in. To this day, I still carry a bottle of water with me everyewhere! It is the one thing that enables me to get as much water in as I have been, recently.

From time to time, I have gotten busy and caught up and forgotten to drink. So, I have set a reminder for myself using my Apple Watch to drink a bottle of water every hour, so when I get busy, I have that reminder just in case.

There is no sure fire way to do this, you just have to be very diligent in sipping your water through the day, having a bottle of water with you at all times and tracking your water intake. Once you know how much water you are really getting in, it makes it easier for some since you are reviewing that, dailly.

Nik

Lipsticklady
on 3/6/17 9:30 am
VSG on 05/14/13

My watch vibrates every 15 minutes to remind me to take a sip. I'm really bad abou****er.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

VSGAnn2014
on 3/6/17 9:32 am, edited 3/6/17 1:32 am
VSG on 08/14/14

All of the suggestions above are great.

Currently, the thing that's helping me the most is putting bottles of water everywhere in the house (by my chair, by the bed, on my makeup dresser, in the powder room, at my spot where I eat at the kitchen bar) and in the car.

If it's handy I'm more likely to take a few swigs. And at the end of the day, that difference totals up to at least a couple extra cups of water.

Good luck!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

KateScott
on 3/8/17 3:50 pm

I have the same problem. I don't feel thirsty and I forget to drink water. I'm trying to make a schedule for drinking water (when I get up, after breakfast, before going somewhere etc.). Another problem is that I can't drink a lot of water at once, max a half-glass...

Most Active