"Revenge" Weight Loss

Lauren010110
on 3/6/17 6:23 pm - Victorville, CA

Agreed x a million!!!

AggieMae
on 3/3/17 5:59 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I sort of remember trying to loose 5 pounds so I could fit into a ridiculously small bikini when I was 14 so I could "get even" with a boy who dumped me...now i laugh at how serious it all was back then.

Revenge weight loss seems like a fruitless (and childish) waste of time.

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 4:37 am

Lol ! Definitely scratching my head !

Sure id like to look hotter now that I finally got rid of the nasty ex :) but I don't give a hoot if he sees me ...actually I hope he never darkens my door again .

I think every word of that show is untruthful.. it actually amazes me that people can live with that level of self deception. But really we all do it a lesser extent - therapy helps peel away those layers and live a better more authentic and happy life .

Lipsticklady
on 3/4/17 5:27 am
VSG on 05/14/13

So....I didn't even want to click on your thread because of the title. The thought process of "revenge" almost anything makes me scratch my head.

I agree 100%.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Lauren010110
on 3/6/17 6:25 pm - Victorville, CA

lol, I get what you are saying. I appreciate you takin the chance on me!!! I just wanted to know the thoughts of others on this topic because there was a sense of that in my past life, prior to WLS.

Lipsticklady
on 3/6/17 7:36 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

HA!! Silly. I took a chance on your words, not on YOU.

Nice to meet you. :)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

VSGAnn2014
on 3/4/17 10:44 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I have gradually realized you guys are talking about an actual television show! "Revenge Body," yet another bizarro Kardashian production.

Jeez Louise. For someone who hasn't thrown up since VSG surgery, I actually feel a little nauseated right now.

What a stoopid concept!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Lauren010110
on 3/4/17 11:55 am - Victorville, CA

It's more the reasoning in general... not necessarily about the show specifically. The reality behind the phrase is for someone else. I think that's what bugs me the most!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/17 7:11 pm

I did that for me. But the "revenge part" is like icing on a cake.

I was always fabulous... But my weight was something some people used to put me down. Now - I am also skinny. It ****** them off.. I just smile.

I can't have a real cake with icing. So I take that. I did not have WLS of lose weight for revenge...But, as a side effect... I take it... with pleasure...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lipsticklady
on 3/6/17 7:39 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Happiness IS the best revenge!!!

Most Active