How to survive Girl Scout Cookie season!

CC C.
on 3/6/17 4:38 pm

They are really crappy cookies, when you think about it!

Josh H.
on 3/7/17 2:41 pm - Merida, Mexico
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I just buy them, why not indulge at times. They only come out once a year. Enjoy them!

462/449/200

"I'm not ashamed of where i've been but proud of where i am!"

TaffySaltwater
on 3/7/17 3:48 pm
VSG on 03/11/16

I have bought a (single) box of Thin Mints for each of the last two weekends. And ate them a sleeve each on Saturday/Sunday. I'm tired of saying "no" to everything. I'm still losing, fwiw.

Batwingsman
on 3/7/17 7:40 pm, edited 3/7/17 11:41 am - Garland, TX

I usually just ask them why they are standing in font of a store, etc. nowadays to sell their cookies, instead of WALKING door-to-door and getting some exercise in the process -- like they always did until recently. Most of the GSes I have seen lately in my locale are at least overweight, sadly. That comment may get them suddenly quiet and garner dirty looks from their nearby mothers, but I'm trying to make a point about how and why childhood obesity is becoming epidemic in our country. Shame on me (maybe?).

On a related note, I was talking to the high school student of one of my clients the other day and asked her about physical education in secondary school here in Texas. I was stunned to find out that students now only have to take ONE physical ed. class between grades 7 and 12 (in my day it was always mandatory for 7th grade, 8th grade, and then at least one class during the 9-12 grades). The rest of the years they take some kind of funky class (I forgot the name of it) that basically is how to use computers and play video games (in her own words). The system apparently considers this subject a satisfactory "substitute" for traditional physical ed.. WTH???

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Donna L.
on 3/7/17 10:09 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Every time I want to buy cookies, I instead transfer the money to a savings account. When I hit $60 I will buy a board game instead. ;)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Eggface
on 3/8/17 7:34 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I make Protein Shakes in the flavors of the cookies... then buy one box for my Mum (Samoas) and another for donation. The troop I bought from was smart they had a bin for the soldier donations right near so it was easy to support.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2012/01/girl- scout-cookie-combat-2012.html

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active