How to survive Girl Scout Cookie season!

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 5:54 am, edited 3/2/17 9:54 pm

Lol lol lol crack cookies thatz what they are ! Food for the walking dead !!

* Nicole *
on 3/3/17 5:30 am

I get a box or 2 of tagalongs. One for my dad and one box I take 2 cookies from then take them to work for the hounds, lol. (Im the only female out of 11 in this dept). They make short work of them.

Mainly I tend to avoid because they were a cash only thing, and if I have cash on me, I spend it. So I avoid keeping any on me. But this year the little buggers around here now are accepting cards. Dang it. But Ive still abstained, lol. Im avoiding big box and big chain grocery stores. And shopping small local owned markets. Makes it much much easier (not including these ones rock cause they keep all the junk at the far end of the store).

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

KittyKarin
on 3/3/17 5:54 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Great suggestions here. Once thing I heard recently was to "say no once at the grocery store so you don't have to say no 30 times at home".... something like that. If you can resist buying something that you know you have a portion control problem with, it will save you a lot of trouble and push and pull at home.

I don't have a problem resisting sugary treats usually but popcorn and potato chips are my weakness. I buy my family chips that I don't like and popcorn is a rare treat I allow in my house in the same snack bags. My favorite (Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn and Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles) do not come in my house! :-)

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 6:07 am, edited 3/2/17 10:12 pm

Mm.. mmm "Indian" grrl you're extremely smart and also right . That doesn't mean my meager postings and honest but well meaning answers will please you..

but I want you to know there are legislators fighting with you and we totally need and value your grass roots support!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 6:10 am

But I can reply for a lot of folks ... because they elected me trusting me to do so . I have represented their interests the absolute best way I could and they continue to trust me for a reason.

((( hugs )))

TheNewT
on 3/3/17 7:26 am
VSG on 08/04/14

They are a cash business and I hardly ever carry cash. So that saves me. If the hubby and son want some I try to get flavors I'm not interested in. There is one flavor that will make me lose all the sense God gave me so I can't buy that particular chocolate, caramel, coconut flavor (drooling a bit). The others are not triggers for me so they can have a box and it not make me lose it.... and gain it!

Kathy S.
on 3/6/17 9:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Great point TheNewT,

I didn't realize that until yesterday when I was walking out and they gave me the "smile" and another women was asking if they took credit cards and they said no just cash. I never carry cash either.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

theAntiChick
on 3/3/17 9:25 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Well, the calorie gods smiled on me. I usually buy $50 or $60 worth of cookies from a friend who is active with her girls in scouts, and we put them in the freezer and eat them over the next 6 months or so. I was worried about managing the temptation.

But I sent the friend a FB message asking when we could get together for the "drop" and never got a response back. So either FB ate the message, or I've done something to irritate her or her hubby.

Either way, I don't have to worry about the temptation! SCORE!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

ChristineB
on 3/3/17 9:37 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

At our local Jewel/Osco-Chi-town area (Albertson's elsewhere) only has the Girl Scouts at one of the two entrances. I always park and go in the one where they not camped out at.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 12:20 pm

One time when I was doing Weigh****chers. I remember saying out loud. I hate Girl Scouts. They looked at me like I said something horrible.

Well I kinda did. I have only eaten one Tagalong since surgery. It was last week. I really wasn't missing anything.

I thought it was really going to be amazing. Nope.

So just say no to the Girl Scout cookies. Now M&Ms are another story.

Most Active