How to survive Girl Scout Cookie season!

ThatMeanOne
on 3/2/17 6:17 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

I actually have a box in my house right now. They got me outside the bank and my daughter just needed a box. The worst part is that I had to stand there and describe them all to her so she could choose. (She is blind).

When they first came home she ate 2 and I put the box in my microwave. That was a week ago. Now they are in my freezer and she just doesn't seem interested. By the end of this weekend I suspect they will be in the garbage.

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 6:01 am

please donate to the homeless!

Kathy S.
on 3/3/17 3:31 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

She is lucky, sounds like she really does not have a sweet tooth.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Batwingsman
on 3/7/17 8:02 pm - Garland, TX

How much are they a box these days .. I'm almost afraid to ask ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

ThatMeanOne
on 3/7/17 11:21 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

They are four dollars a box - one or two varieties are five- I think the newest ones.

I'm trying to think of something witty to say about value versus worth but I'm drawing a blank lol.

Vegbeth
on 3/2/17 8:14 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

I haven't seen any around here but when I lived in Colorado I always saw them and often times they were being sold by kids that I knew the parents well. I always just gave them money and explained I didn't want the cookies cuz I was vegan and non of the ones they were selling are vegan (apparently there are vegan Girl Scout cookies but they were not available there). I guess if I ran into them here I would claim a food allergy and use the same approach.

Kathy S.
on 3/7/17 1:04 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I had not heard of this and did a search. Sounds interesting....

http://www.peta.org/living/food/girl-scout-cookies-now-vegan /

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 4:12 am

Just think how they make U dump n suffer !!

those stoopid but good tasting cookies are totally not worth the calories not to mention the fat the body shame .. feeling like a failure cuz you couldn't " control " urself".

I mean .. why not nibble on one to reject as garbage .. and if it's REALLY great eat a few till Ure fully satisfied cuz dieting is Not our post op forever program ... we're fully living our best life including great meals and foods ... and looking and feeling totally hott like we deserve to!

Batwingsman
on 3/7/17 8:05 pm, edited 3/7/17 12:09 pm - Garland, TX

Wow, a new variety just for us WLSers .. Dump 'n Suffers ..

(I don't think they will sell very well, though )

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

OneBlueSock
on 3/3/17 4:57 am
RNY on 06/21/17

I've survived it thus far by absolutely NOT letting them in my house...I can't remember ever doing that but I knew as soon as my niece started selling those boxes of crack I was going to have to turn them down.

I love the thin mints, but my favorites are the tagalongs (peanut butter patties here)....I could eat a whole box of them without thinking (what do you mean a whole box doesn't equal one serving...there's only like 10 cookies in there!) I even resisted trying the new cookie they have this year...s'mores.

Thankfully my hubby understood and he got one package from work that he's kept at work

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Most Active