OT: How do you feel about Oprah for Prez?

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/17 5:55 am, edited 3/1/17 9:58 pm

You guys make me feel very OLD that I followed and supported Hillary's extremely distinguished career.

i wAs born in and often visited Eastern Europe where women actually often rule .. there's very little institutionalized sexism.

The short explanation is under communist rule everyone had to b employed .. but most employees didn't take it seriously. They took three hour lunch breaks to the movies used office copiers to print ( very funny) rebellious comic books .... then when the wall broke they were outa luck !!

Eastern European and Russian wimmen Ran the factories while their men were out complaining and drinking Vodka ( which is cheaper than both beer and filtered water there .. ) .

The bottom line is that the powerful Grrls who rose to powers look and feel like Hillary - and don't tell me she doesn't dress like Margaret Thatcher or any other historical powerful woman leader around the world.

This country's problem with allowing her to lead is pure sexism.

Dundreggen
on 3/2/17 7:16 am - Canada

No. I look at her track record of promoting people who should never have been promoted. (promoted as in pushed on her audience) Cesar Milan and Dr Phil come to mind. Milan in particular is an absolute hack and has been credited with putting dog training back 20 years due to the popularity of his show.

I am not American, but I would not trust a celebrity who has used her celebrity status to endorse questionable people. (where is the research?)

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

Fredbear
on 3/4/17 8:17 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Agreed, she just another self-important celebrity nutjob. Following fads and junk (or non-) science like you'd expect someone heavily steeped in media and pop television.

I don't see her appeal at all.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Kathy S.
on 3/2/17 3:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I hope the next generation will restore some honor to this position!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Rachel B.
on 3/2/17 7:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Unfortunately, few of the next generation will have enough EDUCATION to fill the position. And our education system doesn't show signs of improving anytime soon.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Fredbear
on 3/4/17 8:20 am, edited 3/4/17 12:20 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Our education system is being starved into failure by the Republicans so that they can justify privatizing it and making billions of dollars on it for themselves and their cronies/donors, while still getting "free" government money. They are literally banking on making your children (and their children) stupid for profit.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/2/17 9:01 pm
No. Just no.

I guess someone should talk to Jerry Springer because he should run for office too...and don't forget Kim Kardashian.... she built an empire off a sex tape.

So yeahhhhh.......

Scott
4MRB4PHOTO
on 3/3/17 2:12 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Let's add Mariah Carey, Chris Brown & Paris Hilton to that list of potential celebrity candidates. Too bad Justin Bieber couldn't run.

:)

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 6:35 am

Do you have ( judge by ) one standard for white wimmem ... a different "standard " for " Black " ...

why were white women ( spouses and daughters ) not granted the vote till 20 years after uneducated but ( male ) ex slaves got it ? Was that even remotely fair or just ?

4MRB4PHOTO
on 3/4/17 11:59 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Maybe the men were afraid that the women would vote in favor of legislation such as requiring men to lower the toilet seats after peeing?

:)

Most Active