When is a cardigan/wrap too big?

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/1/17 2:23 pm

That's where a WLS clothing exchange comes in nicely.

Belts sometimes make enough difference with certain pieces and give them longer wearing life.

Buying a complete wardrobe each time one goes down a couple of sizes but will continue losing is beyond most mere mortals, of which I am one.  I'm all in favor of buying a few things along the way so that I don't feel like a deprived urchin or abject peasant (no reference to Nik's cute peasant top).

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/1/17 2:35 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I had to look up what a peasant top is. My wife has a couple and I love them. Now I'm going to have to go back to evilbay...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/1/17 9:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You just need to decide based on how it looks.  I still wear my 1X bathrobes because I LOVE the way they wrap all the way around and keep me really warm!  

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

CJ On Orcas
on 3/1/17 9:50 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I am maybe 3/4 way to my goal weight.  I decided to give my big clothes away as soon as I grew too small for them... and tried consignment stores.  For me, however, I get a great deal of satisfaction going shopping and trying on *new* things that I NEVER would have worn before.  I just bought a medium sized cardigan sweater that I would not even have tried before.  It fit!!! Such a great reminder of the choices that I am making that are contributing to being able to buy size medium clothes.  And I no longer have an option to wear something bigger.  I have a gift MasterCard that I got for Christmas, and I use it only for clothes shopping. 

Congratulations on your loss! ;)

LissaK
on 3/1/17 10:34 am
RNY on 12/21/16

I usually find that I think my oversize clothes look just fine until I try something on in a more appropriate size.  Size down and see how you feel and look.  That being said, it is important for you to wear what makes you feel the best.

theAntiChick
on 3/1/17 10:42 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I've decided my favorite chennile (sp?) cardigan has to go since it will almost wrap me double now.  LOL.  But I have to go find a replacement before I can give it up, because I get so darned cold at the office.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

OneBlueSock
on 3/1/17 10:49 am
RNY on 06/21/17

For me it's a personal preference.....I love being comfortable and for me that means I need to be able to move around in my clothes a bit (I hate feeling like I'm wearing a sausage casing...especially in my tops).   I take a look at it in the mirror, if it's clearly hanging off me like a deflated tent just waiting to catch the right breeze so it can fly off me then it's definitely time to give it up.

That being said I have at least one shirt where I really need to give it up and I'm fighting with myself over it because I'm stubborn like that 

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/17 10:56 am
AD_Jordan
on 3/1/17 1:43 pm

I'm between sizes, and it's kind of a pain. The pants I'm wearing are too big, but the next size down (same style and manufacturer) won't come up over my thighs yet. And ALL of my pants are suddenly way too long in the legs?? 

My shirts are starting to slide off one shoulder, but again, the next size doesn't fit yet. 

I have a cardigan that I call My Hideous Orange Sweater. It's going to be hard to get rid of. It still fits, but now the sleeves are too long, especially on my left arm.  

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/1/17 2:32 pm

Some of my pants have slid with weight loss.  Had to stop wearing them because, when I'm walking outdoors, I feel the hem under the heel of my shoe. The left leg only, which, AD Jordan, leads me to take the bait of your left sleeve.  Are we built ****eyed?  

Most Active