When is a cardigan/wrap too big?

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/17 6:47 am, edited 4/7/17 10:23 am

delete

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/1/17 6:59 am
VSG on 08/29/16

First,  that style is really cute. Second, that is really a personal decision. For me I feel better the moment that I can get into a smaller size. If you are wearing it and you feel good about it and not frumpy then you are golden. I suspect that if you are asking then you have your answer. 

suzzzzz
on 3/1/17 7:03 am
VSG on 06/23/16

I have found if you are questioning it, let it go. 

heidikat72
on 3/1/17 7:24 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

I have some favorite tops/cardigans that I am struggling to part with too because I love them and they are comfortable and I keep telling myself they are supposed to be loose. But recently I've had to really look at myself in them in the mirror with a critical eye and realize rather than just looking "relaxed" and business casual, I look sloppy in them. Another clue is constantly having to adjust them through the day because they are slipping off my shoulders. Time to let go and go shopping for some new favorites.

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/1/17 11:29 am
VSG on 08/29/16

On a side note, your new profile pic looks good! 

heidikat72
on 3/1/17 11:31 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

aww shucks! Thanks!

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 3/1/17 7:48 am

Those are nice cardigans which someone who wears your former size will appreciate when you pass them along.  After losing 50 lbs, they must make you look like a little girl playing dress-up in her mother's clothes.  Let the world see your success thus far and eat its heart out.  Coldwater Creek is no longer, yes?  Because you like the style, you can buy the same or very similar from other companies. 

Keep up your great work.

suzzzzz
on 3/1/17 8:57 am
VSG on 06/23/16

Coldwater Creek is now online store. Same style as before.

reree6898
on 3/1/17 8:04 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I go based on how I feel about myself when I wear it. If it makes me feel bad and like I don't look good in it then it's time to let it go. 

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/17 8:52 am - CA

I have this cute peasant top that is meant to be big, but when I had lost a good deal of my weight, the thing just looked odd.  That was my first idnication that I might need to forgo wearing it.   I really think that this is an individual decision.  If you feel comfortable in it, it doesn't impede you in doing your job or getting caught on anything as you move through the day, then wear it until you decide it is time to downsize.   

When you lose weight, it isn't cheap to just go out and buy clothes and when you know that your weight loss is going to continue, you really need to save the money for when you hit maintenance and need to have more clothes in the appropriate sizes.    For now, I think you would be safe to hang on to it for a bit.  

Most Active