Confess - how many different sizes have you had in your closet at 1 time?

Kathy S.
on 3/7/17 12:49 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I love this You are on a mission of winning!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Lipsticklady
on 2/27/17 4:56 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

At my heaviest, my closet ranged from a 10 to a 20w.  (Oddly, as I lost weight, that 20w fit for about 40 pounds or so, so obviously they were straining at the seams.)

Now I have one pair of "dream" 4s that I fit into for about 12 seconds, and the rest of my clothes are 6-10.  Vanity sizing is ridiculous depending on the brand.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Kathy S.
on 3/7/17 12:51 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Great job Lipsticklady!

It's OK to have those dream sizes too as long as it's a healthy game you play. I lost my mind when I was given and fitted into a size zero. Hello this Lane Bryant frequent buyer didn't know they made size zero's. That being said I still have those suckers and they are staying in my closet!

Lipsticklady
on 3/8/17 12:07 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Sizes don't bother me nor does the number on the scale. I only care about how my jeans fit. No one but me sees the real numbers.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/28/17 2:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Three years ago when we sold our home of 20 years I cleared out closets that had 8 sizes (2 to 16).  I had full wardrobes in each size. I kept a few selected items (nice suits) from 8 and up but donated everything else under a 12-16 (I was wearing stretchy 16s). Fast forward to now and I wear a 0-2. I could have shopped in my closet (there were a few nice size 2s that I had only worn once or twice before exceeding the size). This time I've donated all the bigger clothes as I went down in weight (I never did that on the past)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kathy S.
on 3/7/17 12:53 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Way to go Liz

My MIL believed in moving every 5 years. She said she did it to purge but really she loved to decorate a lot.

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/17 4:01 am

I totally understand the urge to donate don't get me wrong - wearing the big matronly armholes with a nice body feels seriously  like wearing your granny's clothes. 

I always wear something tighty- whity underneath so when I take the big blanket coat off ( what looks like a schoolgrrl's thrift shop bought wrapper ..I imagine) the eye candy's very worthwhile 

guys like a little mystery 

Kristi T.
on 2/28/17 10:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My closet was pretty consistent, jeans/pants were a 22/24 and my tops were all 3X.  I was big for so many years and through so many trends!  Any weight loss I had was so short lived that I never made it out of that size range.  At the end of summer I packed up 3 large black bags full of clothes, not one of them was under 3X or 22/24.  Salvation Army received a large donation of plus size wear that's for sure!  My pants size dropped dramatically, size 14/16, but my top part has been more stubborn...1X and 2X!  I do have a "goal pile" of adorable summer clothes with tops medium and large.  

I am addicted to our local Goodwill.  I have their color code system memorized so I stake out the store and wait for the item I want to go to 50%(maybe this is a sign that I should get out more)!

Vegbeth
on 2/28/17 6:07 pm, edited 2/28/17 10:08 am - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

So I've been shopping my closet for my 100lb weight loss so obviously I had quite a range of sizes in my closet. The only thing I've bought is shoes and not because I needed smaller ones but because I needed bigger shoes to accommodate my orthotics. Anyway at my heaviest I had size 20-8 and shirts 1xl-small in my closet. Right now I'm in my 12s and I keep a garbage bag on the floor of my closet that I put anything that is too big into. When the bag is full I drop it at goodwill. The only big clothing I'm keeping is t shirts from events and a pair of jeans for my before comparison.  

On a side note, I have a clothing size question. I have a pair of Levi's jeans size 12 that are completely tiny. I can't hardly pull them up past my knees. I'm wearing another pair of Levi's also a 12 that I'm wearing comfortably. These jeans are seriously smaller than the size 8s in my closet which go up my hips. Has anyone ever had this experience with a clothing item that is several sizes smaller than marked?  I picked these up in a thrift store years ago thinking I would wear them when the other pair wore out but obviously I didn't try them on at the time. 

CC C.
on 2/28/17 7:21 pm

Sizes have gotten bigger over the years. When I lost last time I was buying size 12 pants but couldn't get into some 10 year old size 14s I had all from the same manufacturer.

Most Active