OMG Mama June weight loss story. Rating 5 barf bags

Kathy S.
on 2/27/17 9:43 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi soho

As one that can watch gory scary movies I don't have a weak stomach but agreed I was going to try.  Some of the members brought that to my attention on another thread I posted about this show.  I am shocked they are not going the extra mile to protect the kids.  

I may read the reviews on it but I just can'****ch 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 9:45 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I am the same, Kathy, I don't have a weak stomach either.  Shocker for sure ... continue to be concerned for the kids.  

reree6898
on 2/27/17 10:38 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I did watch the first episode out of curiosity, well part of the first episode anyway till I couldn't take it anymore. I am convinced that the show is reinactments and she's in prosthetics because there was more then one part where the edges around her mouth were coming up and she didn't turn her head to turn to look at people, she moved from the shoulders up to turn so it seems like she's wearing a cowl made to look like the double chin and weight hanging down in her neck. It was sad to me when Alaina was packing her lunch and was trying to look like she was packing family size bags of chips in her backpack and ice cream and things then laughing saying how she loves to eat. While I didn't expect my whole family to change thier lives because I chose surgery I have worked hard to get us all healthier and teach my kids about portion sizes more and limits on junk. This show isn't going to put a good light on WLS in my opinion and is just going to make it look like a quick fix no work type thing for weight loss. Makes me sad honestly. 

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Kathy S.
on 3/1/17 2:53 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Someone posted reree6898 she is wearing a fat suit.  I agree it's making a joke about WLS.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Rachel B.
on 2/27/17 5:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'll admit it.  I watched it.

what ticked me off most was the doc they got was explaining the diet, the amounts she would be able to eat.  He was very realistic, thorough, and explained the surgery, recovery & diet quite well.  That she would be on liquids for a month, purées a month, etc. and she's asking about when she can eat fried chicken, macaroni & cheese & twinkies!

i can't believe I watched that...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active