How come we don't have a relationships forum ?

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 5:55 am

Yes there is one for WLS spouses but not everyone here is married and the title of it implies it's not a forum for us the patients only their significant others. 

I have noticed that most of the frequent posters here are in long term happy relationships and most are exceptionally successful with maintenance and health . 

But the general  statistics post bariatric surgery aren't as good partnership-wise - people get divorced , some like Mama June try dating others like me get involved with a series of wrong people and muddle their way through to something better than they originally mistakenly accepted and perhaps subconsciously thought they deserved. 

Its true the main forum isn't the place to discuss things like jealousy and domestic violence or financial abuse but there should be Somewhere .. don't you guys think? 

I think a safe place to anonymously discuss even embarrassing things is so cathartic in effectuating change . Sometimes we can hear ( read ) about another member's issues and realize we have unaddressed room for improvement in that area ourselves. 

alouisa63
on 2/27/17 7:32 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

You could start a group!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Kathy S.
on 2/27/17 9:45 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yes you can start a group.  Here is the link to do so.....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/action/start_group/

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 11:35 am

Thanks Kathy I'm gonna do just that - start one . I really hope everyone will join - especially the successful people who have wisdom to share ! 

Its gonna be a wild ride 

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 12:22 pm, edited 2/27/17 6:17 pm

I tried starting one ten times. I always get that my entry ( which totally complies with the stated requirements for " group alias " is no good . Very frustrating! 

Could the management team at OH please help set the group up using my inputs ... after they finally take off the unwarranted prohibition from messaging on my account which has literally been there since October for absolutely no reason and which I've written to the stated address at least ten times about only to get no response and no end to the unfair moderation . 

Thanks ! 

Most Active