Dr frustration

Cwood
on 2/26/17 2:50 pm

In Canada we have OHIP. we are all covered under the governed for health care...so no insurance company involved.

But thank you for the advice about the ontario canada specific group...I did not realize there was one.

I will repost there this evening

crqvingchange
on 2/26/17 5:13 pm

Hi, I'm in Ontario.  It was my understanding for Guelph that it was a BMI of 35 or greater and 2 comorbidities, but things may have changed.  I have read here that you can go to a walk in clinic and get a referral, or you can ask any other doctors you see (gynecologist, endocrinologist, etc.)   Why not see what happens when you get an appointment with the Bariatric Centre.  They may be able to get you in the surgical program.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cwood
on 2/26/17 5:17 pm

I checked the Bariactric Network website and it says you only need 1 medical condition. Which would be my sleep apnea.

I don't see any other drs other than my family dr.

And our walk in clinic is a nurse practitioner clinic....the Bariactric Network told me it had to be a dr that made the referal

Dot T.
on 2/26/17 4:38 pm - Bartlesville, OK

Get a sleep study done. I had sleep apnea and didn't even know it. That's another comorbidity. 

Most Active