Advice and Direction Needed

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/17 4:51 am

Yes fried chicken and fish absorb some of the oil. However I believe they actually inject rotisserie chickens with oil -,so you might be better off pulling off the breading. 

Youll be walking so much ( and it's cold! ) you may find you crave the extra calories - don't sweat it . I've never gained on road trips even to the American South . 

Insert Fitness
on 2/26/17 5:06 am

I'm sure some fat is absorbed, but not enough to worry about. But I think there's lots of options other than having to strip fish of its batter (although I have done that with chicken in a pinch)As for how you digest the fish, I'd suggest having some before leaving. You'll be far enough out by then to try most types of protein ahead of your trip. And if you are in a situation where you are trying something new, I'd eat a very small portion, to be on the safe side. 

I stay clear of simple carbs by choice for the most part, but I've had potato on a couple of occasions ( Christmas, thanksgiving). Like protein, I'd try anything you plan on eating on holiday beforehand. 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Cosmos2112
on 2/26/17 4:06 am

I wanted to add that I'm going alone there. My BF is staying home and watching my dog; Cosmo. His schedule is not flexible like mine.  I usually travel alone. Thanks for the great ideas. 

I actually like travelling on my own. What I'll miss is the famous fish and chips from Poppies. Hoping they have something baked on the menu. 

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

tvlbunny
on 2/26/17 7:46 am
RNY on 12/07/16

I agree with the "hamburger" in the U.K.  I was there probably 20 years ago and I still think about how incredibly offensive it was.  

Rachel B.
on 2/26/17 12:12 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I had sausage that was absolutely disgusting as well.  I don't think I will try beef or sausage again if I get back over there!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 9:18 am - CA

I just have to say I am jealous!  You are going to some really amazing place that I hope to one day see.     

So, traveling to another country cannot be easy to stick to your post op diet.  But, I am sure there will be some easy go-to foods you can stick with no matter what.  I would just be sure you find out how they are prepared, if possible.  Also, another option is to take some sample size packets of protein along with you.  Many bariatric friendly protein vendors have sample size packets that are great for traveling.  You can add them to your water and have a backup in place just in case the food choices are not an option.  Also, be sure to bring a blender bottle for mixing.   On the Miralax, I think you purchase the individual packets of Miralax, so that would solve that problem as well.  You can carry a packet with you as your go out for the day and easily add it to your water for drinking.   

I hope you have a wonderful time and that you share your photos from your trip with us when you are back.   

Nik

Most Active