What do you look forward to post wls?

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 8:53 pm

Peter Pan is so wonderful. I remember being on it when I was little.

I like Toy Story Mania best now.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 11:37 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I loved that ride! I coughed up the money to buy the dvd of me screaming my ass off! lol, plus I played Kanye West stronger on the ride. It was so cool to be able to play music on the ride. I kept hearing over n over, that doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Oh hell yes, gotta go back on that ride next time around. Maybe I'll be brave enough to be in front, maybe. lol 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:46 am

I really look forward to traveling the world particularly Asia - and I plan to do it the very local- ride the overnight rails stow your backpack at the rail station explore for the day then get on the train and sleep low budget student way ! 

This means no special diets few comforts ( no drinking obviously especially as a woman) and of getting comfortable nights sleeps in tiny sleeping shelves ( most likely smaller than the ones in Europe) 

the good part is everyone talks all day you perfect your language and pick up local lore and learn about local people's real concerns now . A very different experience than learning about culture watching tv in a western style hotel room ( or from a book ) 

The Salty Hag
on 2/25/17 7:07 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I just love being able to walk for hours and not getting tired and not having my right knee hurt. After a time, it'll get sore-it is bone on bone after all-but I can take two Tylenol and it actually takes care of the pain nicely. 

When we were in New Orleans, we walked a good 15 miles one day, and 12 the next day. I'd never have been able to do that before surgery. 

The thing I really want to do is a complete do-over of the first cruise my husband and I took. It was 2 years before I had surgery, and I was extremely limited in what I could do in terms of off-ship excursions. We went on a hike in Belize to some Mayan ruins-with the option of climbing to the top of a temple. The hike there was only 1.5 miles through the jungle-and a boat picked us up after, with clearly marked and a relatively flat path, but I lagged behind and had to stop multiple times. By the time we reached the ruins, I was pretty much done. I was dizzy, tired, sweating my ass off, my face was bright red, and my knee was calling me all sorts of bad names. Climbing the temple steps wasn't even an option. I watched my husband climb-and was sad I couldn't even attempt to join him. 

I want to go back and basically kick the jungle's ass...and climb as much of the temple that I can. ( the steps are HUGE, and I have really short legs, but I want to try. ) 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Patm
on 2/25/17 7:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your roller coaster made me laugh. We have a park called Wonderland. When my kids were young I would carry all the crap and DH would ride with them. I went on some of the rides but not many. So when I lost weight and could go on the rides I promised DH I would go with him since he likes it. I found out I hate rides. I have too much arthritis. Every ride bounced me around. I will never go one one again.

I have tried zip lining, snowshoeing and rode in a charity bike ride. But rides will never happen again

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 11:42 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I hear ya on the being bounced around part. I'm still doing pt for my shoulder & after awhile it started reminding me that hey I'm still healing here!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Erin T.
on 2/26/17 7:49 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I went there for my senior trip in high school! I screamed so much I lost my voice for 6 weeks of the summer. 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/25/17 8:01 am

Even before WLS I had years that I was close to normal size. And even when I was obese I still was fit enough and my weight and size was controlled by constant diets...So I never got too large to do anything I wanted to do. 

But...As a larger person - I really did not liked the way I looked ...So even when someone "liked me" I always felt that they were lying.. I often settled in relationships area.  

I wanted to get fit enough so I would like the way I was, the way I looked... I would be able to be more confident in my relationships.  And have high expectations of the guy I am with.

It took me a while...I am still a mess...But I worked so hard to be the mess I am now..  I like myself. Really do. Size 4 or 10...

But I found a guy who is just perfect for me. And he is great for me. And I know I am worth all the efforts he puts in a relationship. As I feel lucky I found him - I also know he is lucky to have me in his life. Mess and all that. Lol..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NYMom222
on 2/25/17 8:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love all the pics and stories. I don't even know what I was looking forward to....because I couldn't imagine it...

Couldn't imagine liking Hiking

Couldn't imagine considering some kind of running (went to a running store this week, got real sneakers and actual took my first spin yesterday)

Couldn't imagine walking all over Manhattan for 12 miles like I did that day with Grim, JB and Maryann....

Going to the Mets Game with Grim,JB,T and Maryann in the fall was a NSV because I hadn't gone to a game in years...because of fear of not fitting in the seats.

If anyone knew my son- he was Mr. Baseball and Loves the Mets. My ex-husband rarely took him because he's a fuddy-dud and always made him leave early 'to beat traffic'... SO my son's Holy Grail of getting his drivers license was being able to drive himself to baseball games and not having to wait for anyone to take him. How sad is that? 

I love now that I can travel and not have to think about so much. I have choices.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kristi T.
on 2/25/17 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

All of your stories and pictures made me smile, thank you for that!  It did make me realize I have a lot of catching up to do!  I am really looking forward to hiking and carrying a full pack in order to camp.  My dream is to hike the Appalachian Trail(part of it) with my dog.  Right now we are working on endurance, distance and hills locally.  This summer I will learn how to camp, sounds silly but I have never slept in a tent or started a fire:-) 

Most Active