What are you afraid of (just curious)

happyteacher
on 2/25/17 6:40 pm

Sharks are iffy. Alligators/crocodiles are firmly on my list. One ate my puppy in Florida when I was a kid. Terrified of those things. Did a vacation in New Orleans and people actually pay money to go on a boat to see them. I wouldn't go. My daughter and husband came back with a cell phone pic of my dumbass husband holding his hand over the boat feeding one that was jumping up out of the water to get the stupid marshmallow he was holding. The picture was frightening. I was pissed he did it. He laughed at me. It did not end well. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Patm
on 2/25/17 7:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Rats. When my son was in grade 8 he asked to bring home the school rats for winter break. I did not want to project my fears so agreed. There was a mom and 7 babies.  I put them up on a self where I would not have to look at them. A few days after they arrived my daughter told me the mom was all red. It appears mom had died and the babies were eating her. My son would not take the babies out so I could get rid of mom because he was freaked out by it. DH was at work. So I asked a neighbour to come help me. He took the babies out and helped me get rid of mom.

When the day came to take them back to school my car had broke down. It was too cold to walk them to the school. The teacher came at lunch to pick them up. He said it was natures way of recycling. Mentioned if I had called him he would have picked them up over the break. He had no idea that if I knew where he lived they would have been at his door.

No more rats after that

happyteacher
on 2/25/17 6:42 pm

Oh dear God. I used to send home class pets over breaks back in the day, never thinking about what might happen should they meet their demise. Never again. That is a horrible story.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Kristi T.
on 2/25/17 10:04 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Brown Recluse and Hobo Spiders!  When I was a junior in high school we moved to Washington D.C., my little brother was bit by a Brown Recluse.  It was a bad bite and he was hospitalized for a few days because the skin on his chest was literally dying.  That was 34 years ago and I am still terrified of them.  Here in Montana, they are everywhere during the summer! 

SkinnyBonz38
on 2/25/17 2:57 pm

I like rats (think pizza rat), mice and snakes they are all cute but spiders...yikes...well they have so many legs anyone should be afraid of those things. I'm also afraid of things under a microscope.

My number one fear is of circles or holes grouped together or trypophobia I think...who boy just typing it I.m about to faint..I don't know why and tried to think back on anything traumatizing but there isn't anything that happened that I can recall Oh man I gotta go get some fresh air

CC C.
on 2/25/17 4:35 pm

Heights, ladders, and holding helium filled balloons by their strings.  That person who sells them at Disneyland has my nightmare job! 

happyteacher
on 2/26/17 6:50 pm

So I am guessing that you standing at the top of a ladder that extends two stories up holding a handful of helium balloons is out of the question?

CC C.
on 2/26/17 6:52 pm

I'd expire before I reached the third rung! 

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:43 pm

You paranoid people are really scaring me !!! Lets either make a horror movie or just STOP. 

(((()) hugs

landy
on 2/25/17 7:34 pm

Clowns, for real. And mascots! ?

Miss B

Start weight (1-11-17) 281

Surgery weight (5-1-17) 245

Current weight (6-17-17) 218

VSG on 5-1-17

Most Active