What are you afraid of (just curious)

The Salty Hag
on 2/24/17 6:57 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Tippi Hedren

aka Crazy Bird Lady 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

The Salty Hag
on 2/24/17 6:57 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Omg...that made me remember crickets jumping on me when I was 4 years old. They were all over me. I freaked out really badly.(  It took me almost 40 years to not be deathly afraid of them.) When I still lived in Texas, the crickets were heavy and very active one fall. I was grocery shopping as dusk fell. There were crickets everywhere and I was paralyzed with fear. It took me 10 minutes to get up the courage to exit the store.  

Pardon me while I go knock back a shot of vodka to calm my nerves..hahahaha. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

happyteacher
on 2/25/17 6:35 pm

Oh yikes. When birds flock together and practice for that southern trip every year, it can get creepy and foreboding. But if I had a swarm of chirpy things fly at my head I think that would make me afraid too. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

happyteacher
on 2/26/17 6:55 pm

Hubby just showed me a video where there were so many birds in a large tree it was leaning to the sides. Then they all took off together. Apocalyptic. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 6:59 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I am afraid of--irrationally:

my children drowning --lots of recurrent nightmares over many years about them drowning in various ways

I also have some other fears about real life, real fears of certain people or certain events, but I guess that is another question!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 7:08 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Oh that's a horrible nightmare!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/24/17 7:10 pm

Heights, but more specifically those saggy wooden bridges over walking paths, the kind that are made of planks and away, suspended over a steep gorge or chasm.

I used to be scared to drive over suspension bridges, but having to drive over them regularly got me over that.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 7:16 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I don't have a fear of heights, only falling from them! Now I'm thinking of that long bridge from Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom movie where Harrison Ford(Indy) cuts the rope holding up the bridge, yeah walking across that would give me pause at any weight.

Hmm, I'm on a roll with movies lately., yet no LaLa Land lol 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/24/17 7:24 pm

Yeah, that whole movie is him being a badass.

Hell or High Water was a pretty good movie, and so was Hacksaw Ridge.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 8:11 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I have this weird thing with heights, and I mean the really really high drop off places, like the Hoover Dam, or genuine high cliffs like in Canyonlands.  I will be there at the edge, and I will find myself thinking, "I had better move back because I might just throw myself off!"  Or,"gotta be careful, or I might just pull of my wedding ring and hurl it over the edge!"  Like there is this pull toward doing something I would never do.

i told this to a friend (nice, responsible kind of guy), and he said that his weird thing was that when watching a news broadcast, of an armed robbery or a murder or something, he would find himself thinking, "maybe I am that guy they are looking for!  Is it me?"

Most Active