What are you afraid of (just curious)

Pond Jumper
on 2/24/17 4:32 pm - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 07/10/17

I've a few things that creep me out, but the one true phobia I have is spiders. Thankfully Alberta doesn't really have much in the way of horrid looking ones and I can cope with most of them, but back in England they where the stuff of (my) nightmares. The 'local' monsters were called Hampshire Spiders, and for the months of April and September you would daily see these freak shows either trying to find somewhere warm for the winter or waking up afterwards. So large that you'd have trouble getting a jug over one to get it outside, not that I ever got THAT close!! So FAST and boy could those bad boys jump.

They were the first reason that I bought a Dyson - suck them up followed by a handful of rice to finish them off (think mini torpedos).

(managed to delete my own post on my iPad, grrr) 

Referral to CABSC: Aug 2016 (weight 267.4lbs) Orientation (Online): Sept 2016 Intake Assessment: Oct 2016 Nutritionist: Nov 2016 Psych: Dec 2016 Nutritionist: Jan 2017 Surgery Info Class: Feb 2017 Nurse Practitioner: Feb 2017 Meet the Surgeon: Mar 2017 (weight 225lbs) Surgery Prep Class: April 2017 Nurse Practitioner Check in: May 2017 (weight 221lbs) Endoscope: May17th 2017 Surgery: July 10th 2017

Pre-op: 52lbs; Post-op: M1: 14lbs, M2: 10lbs, M3: 5lbs, M4: 6lbs, M5: 2lbs (stall), M6: 4lbs, M7: 5lbs, M8:6lbs, M9:5lbs, M10:4lbs, M11:4lbs

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 7:03 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am not afraid of spiders, but my husband is. People tease him about it -- but they are mostly asshats.  They act like since he was born a male that he should be on spider patrol.  

Anyhow, we live with 600 acres of sugar maples in our backyard  --- and every fall we get wolf spiders.  They are huge and extremely aggressive... the ones here are the size of my palms.  They have no fear of humans and when they get in the house, the will back up, lift up their front legs to show their fangs and hiss at you.  HISS at you!!  and they don't back down -- they are hunting spiders, not web builders.  If they bite you, they aren't venomous per se -- but the bit feels like you've been hit with a hammer.  

I like your rice and Dyson idea.  I usually take all spider outside and release them -- but those asshats deserve the Dyson.  Ask me how I know how their bite feels... that's how one rewarded my kindness!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 7:10 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Ditto to taking the Dyson out on their spidery asses. Yikes hissing spiders, now I'm thinking of that arachnophobia movie with the comedy guy from Roseanne, damn I'm so bad at names, anyway he was the exterminator in that movie. It was funny as hell.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 8:05 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

One of the best scaaaaaaaary movies!

happyteacher
on 2/26/17 6:51 pm

I never thought to vacuum up spiders or bugs. Love this! i wonder if it would be feasible on the occasional wasp that comes in.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

CC C.
on 2/26/17 6:54 pm

I can report that vac******* up wasps has the desired effect! Moths too.

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:23 am

My ex skieved spiders and their webs so bad that when we were doing plumbing repairs together my job was not to hand him parts and torches but  to keep dusting him off including his hair constantly! 

I,m afraid of rats squirrels and even mice. Finding a baby mouse even dead means I start dialing every male i know in the area for help lol. And of course they always cruelly chase me around the house with it ! 

I also skieve birds that come down the fireplaces. Every summer I find grown birds knocking in kitchen the wood stove having fallen down a three story chimney. I also often find dead or starving baby birds in the living room fireplace because the nest fell down into the flue . Last year there were three naked crying baby falcons - my ex tried to keep them alive with hand feeding and warmth but they were too young to save . I skieved them so bad he had to take them out of my house they just disgusted me ... not in theory but physically .. the smell ! 

happyteacher
on 2/25/17 6:02 am

Oh geez, my husband does believe because he is male he is on spider patrol. And puke patrol. And dog crap patrol. And mouse patrol. With mice, I scream like a little girl. Just. Can't. Help. It. Nobody tell my husband that because he is male does not mean he is not on patrol!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 2/25/17 5:59 pm - CT

Thanks a lot.  I've never heard of this spider and am probably going to dream about them tonight!

happyteacher
on 2/25/17 6:28 pm

Hissing spiders are real??? OMG, I will be having ******g nightmares all night now.

Most Active