It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 4:22 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Oh I so hate being on display & them watching what I eat. Since I had my surgery it feels like I'm being watched to see if I fail or not, or I'm compared to whoever else had wls. It's like leave me alone already. Or they'll eat then look at me & remark well you don't eat this anymore & have a little laugh, and I'd tell them oh I can, I just don't want it right now.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

catwoman7
on 2/24/17 5:13 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

me too.  We had a retirement party for a co-worker last month and I was a little anxious because I knew there'd be a lot of former employees there who hadn't seen me since I weighed almost 400 lbs.  I really didn't want to deal with the shocked looks and the questions - esp from more than a couple of people.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cathy H.
on 2/26/17 5:06 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I was so used to strangers watching what I ate when I was huge, that it's really no different now.  Of course, I'm still new at all this, and my friends ask the questions and I'm happy to answer.  If the watching continues, I'm prepared...same ole' same ole' lol

At least now strangers won't be watching and saying (where I can hear it), "Look at what she's eating!"  I can live with "Look at what she's NOT eating" lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 4:26 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

What I didn't like was my belly. I never had a flat stomach & I knew it would never be flat without plastics, but I kinda hated that I always had to buy a big shirt to hide my stomach & while it's smaller now I still have to buy the big shirt cuz I'm lumpy. Compression shirts help, but I get so hot, after awhile I was like I'll live with my lumps & big shirts.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 4:58 pm

Plastics really helped me there. 

I have a couple of normal friends who always had "a pouch" ...And hated their bellies. After I lost the weight and had my belly done - they decided to have their bellies done.  Both of them told me that my journey inspired them to do something about a part of their body they did not like. 

There is something for you to look forward to. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/24/17 5:07 pm
Lost my GB.
I hate my scar (i had an open DS)...and excess skin. I probably will not address this. I can't seee spending 1000s of dollars on Plastics, AND the down time for recovery.
Developed a hemorrhoid (actually had a small anal fissure)...YES DSers can have hard poos (I take magnesium oxide daily and if I have a hard poo I have to take stool softeners for weeks...I'll NEVER have another anal fissure again!)

I don't have to diet, but I do have to suppliment...religiously. I pop about 18 pills in the morning (4 vit A, 2 multis, calcium, D, E, B complex, B12, 4 zinc..etc), and about another 12 (multi, D, Calcium, magnesium, K1, K2, magnesium oxide) at night. Plus an iron in the day...when I remember. I thought about trying patches, but if my levels go low in my fat soluble vitamins ADEK-it is MUCH harder for me to get those levels up).

Scott
Fredbear
on 2/24/17 6:29 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Two things driving me crazy right now...

1. "Normal" cow-orkers talk to me a lot more and obese cow-orkers talk to me a lot less. 
  2. I'm a musician, and my hands have shrunk enough that it's messing up 30+ years of hard-wired muscle memory and I've missed some notes in the show I'm playing. ****** me off!

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 7:54 pm

The 1. Is so common.  I stop being friends with some MO people.  Things we had in common- eating and *****ing - we no longer had in common after I had RNY. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cathy H.
on 2/26/17 5:10 pm, edited 2/26/17 9:11 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I'm really lucky with this one.  My 2 best friends were also MO.  One had lap band that didn't work, and revised to RNY 4 years ago--she's thin now.  I just had my VSG, and the other one is getting ready to have WLS very soon.  For us, it was one spurring the rest of us on to help ourselves, instead of jealousy and resentment.

Pretty soon we're gonna be three sexy biotches!! 

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 6:54 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hmmm. I am so happy overall, but there are a few troubles--not "hates," but challenges:

--not being able to take ibuprofen or nsaids

--saggy skin (though it was not pretty when I was MO)

---fear of regain

--giving up favorites (or huge guilt)

--not sure I have an accurate picture of what my body looks like, still feeling fat

--facing other life problems that losing weight has made more apparent to me.  That is, I cannot blame the problems on my weight.  Losing did not make the problems go away.

Most Active