It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 5:18 am

I agree . It's very hard after being a simpering pleaser if you will my whole life to be firm and no nonsense with men. 

I still find it easier to take a number I'll never call from an undesireable male than to make a joke or just say hell no like a lot of pretty girls do. It's funny because I'm embarrassing myself people don't expect me to act this way yet I have such a hard time rejecting anybody in public . 

It's like I have compassion for everyone but myself grrr. 

After a year and a half broken up but still fielding sometimes seventy five harassing phone calls a day and unwanted constant visits knocking on my door or worse jumping out of the bushes I finally filed a restraining order against the ex. Only because he was calling my boss when I couldn't pick his calls up at work and finally he actually called my father ! That was it for me ..

Lipsticklady
on 2/25/17 6:38 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 24, 2017 at 11:22 PM Pacific Time, Kat W. wrote:

I never feel safe any more.  Being obese gave me a natural power and I felt strong.  Mostly it was counter-balancing -- but I could lift a lot and use my weight to give me force.  The men around me either noticed me for my intelligence, skills, and personality --- or they simply didn't notice me at all.  Now, I find myself feeling vulnerable a lot.  I am often dealing with unwanted advances, comments or overtures.  It makes me feel unsafe much of the time because I really never feel completely comfortable around men.  I know first hand what they can do.  Losing the fat in many ways also feels like I've lost my protective covering.  It was a lot easier to avoid attention from men when I was 347 pounds.  

Dang!  I hate this for you.  

I'm a certified martial arts instructor and teach women's self defense classes.  We teach women how to get away if someone grabs them by the arm, the neck, the cross body handbag.  We teach you how to use everyday items like ink pens, keys and credit cards as weapons.  

We also train you on what to do if someone pins you against a wall, in a corner or on the floor.

At the end of the class series, we suit our male instructors up in full body suits, complete with helmet, cup, face guard...  They walk around and "attack" class participants. It was truly terrifying my first two times through, but I'm confident that I can get out of most any situation. If I don't, I'll definitely leave some damage and I'll have my attackers DNA under my nails, in my teeth and on my person.

Every woman should take a class like this.  It's emotional, it's raw, it's uncomfortable but it's super empowering.  The self awareness and confidence it gives you is priceless.  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/25/17 5:24 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, the only prevention from being attacked is to be lucky enough not to come across an attacker.    

I should let you know that I had a black belt in karate and had taken several self-defense classes before I was raped.  For a long time, I blamed myself for not being able to get away with all that preparedness.  Ultimately, my efforts on served to **** him off more.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/25/17 6:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

No words can express how sorry I am that happened to you Kat, hugs.  

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Lipsticklady
on 2/26/17 5:14 am
VSG on 05/14/13

What a horrible experience... hugs to you.  I'm sorry this happened to you.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Kathy1212
on 2/27/17 8:04 pm

I am so very sorry this happened to you.

Big hugs.

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Travelher
on 2/25/17 1:35 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

I feel the same way.  I was body checked by a man while walking down the street holding my 7 year old's hand last week.   He knocked me back a few feet and I almost fell over.  He only connected with the edge of my shoulder but it was a clear indication that I would have been powerless if he'd wanted to go further than that.  I felt pretty damn vulnerable.

Band-RNY revision age 50 5'4" HW 260 SW: 244 (bf healthy range 23-35%) bf 23.7% (at 137lbs) cw range 135-138.lbl with butt lift and mastoplexy March 23, 2018...2.5lbs removed.

Pre-op-16lbs (size 18/20...244) M1-16lbs (size 18...228) M2-15.6lbs (size 16/18...212.4) M3-10lbs (size 16..202.4) M4-11.4lbs (size 14...191) M5-10.8lbs (size 12...180.2) M6-8.4 (size 8/10...171.8) M7-6.4 (size 8...165.4 lbs) M8-11.6 (size 6...153.8) M9-5.6 (size 4/6...148.2) M10-5.8 (size 4....142.4) M11-4 (size 2/4...138.4) Surgiversary -1 (size 2/4...137.4) M13-2.6 (size 2/4...134.8) M14 (size 2/4...134.8) M15 (size 2...135) M16 (size 2...131.4) M17 (size 2...135) M18 (size 2...135) M19 (size 2...138) M20 (size 2...135) M21 (size 2...138)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/25/17 6:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

seattledeb
on 2/25/17 11:31 pm

Invisibility has it's rewards.

mute
on 2/24/17 3:25 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I feel very 'on display' at all times with those who knew me before I lost weight besides DH. Like everyone is watching me to see what I eat. I hate being put on the spot with them asking me repeatedly what I can eat at family functions. I don't like to be the center of attention at all.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active