It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

seattledeb
on 2/25/17 11:28 pm

Don't get me wrong. Oreos are one of my favorite foods in the world. My son get excited when he goes to his grandmother's house because she always has Oreo's for him.

But fried...It just sounds icky.  

Vegbeth
on 2/24/17 2:20 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

At spin class yesterday my bike shorts rolled up revealing my sagging skin on my thighs!  Worse than that the class included a lot of sprints and I could see the skin flapping separately from tHe rest of my leg. Mortifying!!  All the loose skin sucks but my legs and arms are the worst 

second one for me is smelly gas (tmi). Doesn't happen all the time but I haven't figured out what causes it yet. 

I guess I'm lucky in someways about the food thing since I've been a vegan forever and I'm always the difficult guest and having lived in a rural area for the past 12 years that had little vegan options easily available I got used to carrying my food with me. 

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 2:33 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I am not thrilled with being perpetually cold.

The skin on my inner thighs looks like I melted.

I never trust a fart.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/24/17 5:10 pm
I taught my sons 2 important lessons.. NEVER eat yellow snow, because it's not lemonade and NEVER trust a fart ....those are lessons everyone needs to learn!

I m over to texas to get away from the cold. I can't stand being cold. Being hot...not so bad, being cold...no...cannot stand it

peachpie
on 2/24/17 3:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I don't like the ever looming presence of guilt that gnaws at my conscience when I debate cheating my success in some fashion. I.e. skipping measuring something, opting to take a piece of candy out of someone's candy dish at work, not working out as long or as intense etc. I have to view them as cheating my success-- cause the minutes I say I deserve a break from this-- I'll "deserve" more and more and more 'breaks'. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 3:22 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I never feel safe any more.  Being obese gave me a natural power and I felt strong.  Mostly it was counter-balancing -- but I could lift a lot and use my weight to give me force.  The men around me either noticed me for my intelligence, skills, and personality --- or they simply didn't notice me at all.  Now, I find myself feeling vulnerable a lot.  I am often dealing with unwanted advances, comments or overtures.  It makes me feel unsafe much of the time because I really never feel completely comfortable around men.  I know first hand what they can do.  Losing the fat in many ways also feels like I've lost my protective covering.  It was a lot easier to avoid attention from men when I was 347 pounds.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/24/17 4:29 pm

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 4:47 pm

Hugs. This one is tough. Unfortunately I can relate. Hugs 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 2/24/17 5:10 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I felt the same way when I was a young adult and in some ways I liked being heavy (although not SMO) because it was a fantastic male repellent.   I sort of freaked out about the idea of losing all my excess weight, since I was afraid of dealing with looks and advances again.  And now that I'm normal size, I do deal with it occasionally  - but it's nothing like before because I'm also almost 60 years old now.  Plus I've gained more confidence in my old age.  But I totally know where you're coming from.  I really worried about that, too.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 2/24/17 6:41 pm - Brighton, IL

So sorry Kat. Sending hugs.

Most Active