It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 1:34 pm
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 12:45 pm

like with wine - taste and spit it out....lol..

Napkins are good for that..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 5:07 am

The day I don't swallow the wine you can give me an award! 

But I have to say the other day friends handed me a delicious artisanal blue tequila and knowing I had to drive - I tasted it and gave the rest to a homeless guy . 

He was smacking his lips lol as I drove away ! 

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 1:42 pm

This is very sad. I had a matron of cake and she went with me and tried the cakes. We had a different cake at each table and a pie table too. People sat at the table with the cake they liked best. Then people would move around to eat different cake. My matron ate a lot of cake. She loved it.

happyteacher
on 2/24/17 2:11 pm

#1 is the weight loss was the final nail in the coffin for my gallbadder. Once I had it out my digestive system cannot tolerate any fat at all. It would have eventually happened anyway, but damn...

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 6:32 pm

It took me a few years but now I can eat more fat than ever before. I lost my GB app 8 years ago. 

Some type of fat gives me nausea. But other - I can eat a lot. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/17 4:36 am

I consider my body's intolerance of fat a very lucky thing. I get to eat fat free healthy carbs with impunity and basically suffer very little and slow regain. 

I take flaxseed oil or evening primrose oil to reduce fat cravings and give my body the specific fat it needs for cell regeneration. 

Sometimes I can stomach guacamole and I try to eat that when I can also I throw a 1/4 of fresh nuts into some stir fries and warm salads. 

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 2:18 pm

I'll search for a new place to eat and read the menu. I'll be all excited. Go there and the food comes out and you eat 2 bites and know that you are done.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 6:35 pm

That part I hate. Just as I really start enjoying my diner out - I have to stop eating. Often after a few bites. 

And no drink either. Or dessert.  And I have to watch everyone else loving their food ...And I need to pretend that it is not bothering me.... 

jenorama
on 2/24/17 11:05 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I hear you on that!  Summer before last we did a hooky day and went to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  Everything smelled so good and I leaned over to John and said, "It's times like this that I wish i had my old stomach!"  Just for like, 15 minutes, you know?  I will confess that I did get deep fried oreos on the way out and I ate one.  It was delicious, but I don't feel the need to have another one!

Jen

Most Active