It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

KittyKarin
on 2/24/17 1:55 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I honestly had the same thought about clothes!  I could only shop in plus size sections for so many years in my adult line that when the plus size clothes finally got too big for me, I was literally overwhelmed! I remember walking into H&M and looking around and then walking right back out... NOPE! I couldn't do that. LOL  I'm 35 and it took me a long time to figure out what straight size stores have clothes for me! Overwhelming! 

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/24/17 11:49 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with
  • I have bones that are closer to the surface and get banged every once in awhile.  My wrist bones site on my desk while I mouse at work and cause my hand to go to sleep.
  • Not taking NSAIDS is literally a pain every now and again 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

jenorama
on 2/24/17 11:02 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I have no more padding on my collarbones anymore and wearing a backpack for any extended amount of time is super painful.  

Jen

The Salty Hag
on 2/26/17 7:02 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Omgaw-exposed collarbones; they suck sometimes. 

I was brushing my hair out, got a little too enthusiastic, and the brush went through my hair more quickly than I was expecting it to. That damn hairbrush whacked into my left collarbone and I thought I was going to die. The pain was unbelievable!! 

MFing hairbrush! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

theAntiChick
on 2/24/17 12:04 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I hate hate hate clothes shopping, and literally every item of clothing I owned 6 months ago has been given/thrown away or is due to be shortly, and I have almost zero hope of anything I'm buying right now to fit by year's end.  So I'm going to end up having to do the shopping for at least 2 full wardrobes worth in the course of a year.  KMN.

On the bright side, I'm taking the opportunity to revamp my wardrobe in anticipation of moving into management after I finish my master's degree this December.  Management and C-Suite aren't exactly around the corner, but I figure I need to start dressing like a grownup instead of an IT code monkey before I start looking for those jobs.

There are rare times when I'm really enjoying my food and I have to stop because I'm full that I miss being able to stuff my gut.  I don't miss binge eating, per se, because I used to do it more from negative emotions than anything else.  Now the only times I miss it is when the food is just so darned good, and I want MORE nammit.  But that one bite too many makes me miserable for a half hour afterwards, so I'm learning to just say no.  :/

I'm having a lot of migraines right now, but I really think that's a short-term thing while my body is dumping all these hormones into my system.  But I could have done without having to take so many sick days for migraines.  Booo.

My hemorrhoids are worse, but I had them before WLS so I can't blame the surgery.  I'll get them taken care of once I am certain I've got my system working mostly OK again.

Really, I'm quite lucky.  My recovery's been awesome, I don't have bad reactions to many foods at all, and my bloodwork is looking great.  I can still take NSAIDs when I need to, but I'm needing to less and less.  My inflammatory factors are all within normal range, and my joint pain is still there, but it's much better.  I go through phases when particular foods just turn me off, like right now milk tastes awful, but it'll change in a couple of weeks to something else.  Don't know what's up with that, but it's manageable.

And I know I'm probably in the minority, but I love being cold all the time.  I ran so hot before surgery that I could never wear sweaters and broke into a sweat so easily.  I prefer cold because I can use heated accessories and bundle up and be comfy.  :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 12:19 pm

I am an odd WLS post op _ i run hot almost all the time.. unless I don't eat for 2 days.. then I may get cold..  and I am "skinny " now and my iron can be low and my low normal thyroid.. I am "special" 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 12:25 pm
rocky513
on 2/24/17 12:22 pm - WI

I have had a few complications through the years....like too many to mention.  

Right now I'm doing pretty good but I have a cake tasting next week for my daughter's wedding (and I dump like a truck).  This is supposed to be fun and I'm going to have to taste micro sized pieces of cake in order to participate.  Even then, all bets are off. No guarantee that I will not get sick anyway.   And I'm not looking forward to explaining my lack of interest to the baker.

*sigh*

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 12:29 pm
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 12:44 pm

"I don't eat cake".

I can eat anything I want.  ... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active