It Friday ..let's ***** about life after we had WLS.. what don't you like about it?

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 10:21 am
hollykim
on 2/24/17 11:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 24, 2017 at 6:21 PM Pacific Time, computercat wrote:

Yeah, my response is "well, I hear that you're frustrated, but this is the stage I'm at right now so that's not going to change for awhile". Also during the week he tends to not eat dinner until 8 pm and I can't do that.

honestly? That may never change. I am 7 years post op and can still eat a very small amount. DH has adjusted admirably and we still share every meal we eat out even breakfast and sometimes have some to bring home after both of us are through.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/17 11:30 am

Same for me... I am 9 years out.  I can eat 1/2 cup or 2 cups... or none.. depends on the day...and the time of the day...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 2/24/17 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I know! That is me to a t... half a cu*****ne. Sometimes I just can't do things... right now it is fish, just not feeling it.

Gina 22 years out
on 2/25/17 11:07 am - Burleson, TX

Hollykim...me too...some days I can eat a buffet...somedays I am a newborn...makes no book sense !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 2:26 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 24, 2017 at 7:30 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

Same for me... I am 9 years out.  I can eat 1/2 cup or 2 cups... or none.. depends on the day...and the time of the day...

I call those my feeding days and my non-feeding days.  I don't know which one it is until I take one bite past 1/2 cup and it all comes back.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:51 am, edited 2/24/17 8:51 pm

The sneezing gets me when I've eaten that extra bite and everyone treats me like I'm contagious lol! 

They never believe this is from having a stomach operation! 

I also hate hate not being able to save and heat up my extra food - my stomach just won't tolerate reheated food grrr

seattledeb
on 2/25/17 11:21 pm

You could maybe have your last little meal at 8 with him if that's important to you both. Or maybe some hot herbal tea? Just spending the time together doesn't have to mean you are both eating. That train left the station here years ago. We never were the sit at the table family. 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/17 3:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My DH has been great about this, but he has Alzheimer's and he is starting to have a tough time with meals other than the basics now. We have typically eaten different things post-WLS, plus I eat much earlier than him (my "schedule" requires a 5:30 meal to keep me from snacking - he often doesn't want to eat until 7-7:30). That's okay at this point, but I expect that I will need to start cooking for him in the near future.  I foresee many IP meals, with extra veggies in his future...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

LynnAlex
on 2/24/17 10:15 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Before WLS, I could go "off" my diet.  Now I  can't.  If I want to taste cake, candy, etc--there is no joy, and I get severe shakes and become lightheaded.  I have to have protein with me at all times, either a shake or a bar.  Ex:  yesterday at work, I had a hard boiled egg, yogurt and a few pretzels and 1 tiny fun-sized candybar.  I got the shakes at work.  I don't eat junk food very often, but sometimes I revert to old habits.  I used to eat to have energy, when I was slow and tired, carbs would pick me up until I finished the task.  I don't have an easy up any more.

I can't eat when I am upset.  If I overeat, I get sick.  I am working on new habits, but sometimes I just want to soothe myself. GONE. I have to plan and think about food.  Before I just ate whatever was available.  Now if I go to the doctor, have errands and then have to go to work, I have to plan my food ahead. It is tiresome and sometimes I just want off the merry-go-round.

But, I would do it again and there are so many benefits.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

Most Active