Kitchen gadgets that no longer get love?

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 6:17 am, edited 2/24/17 10:18 pm

I've actually made waffled falafel and it's a wonderful fat free way to cook it . ( but a little dry - I put no oil in mine)

Of course an air fryer might be even better ... anyone try making falafel balls in an air fryer? 

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 10:04 am
NYMom222
on 2/24/17 12:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I can't get rid of the toaster because well, I love toast and occasionally I just need to have a slice- Ezekial bread at least...but it is in a cabinet, under the counter...I should get a smaller one though...don't need a four slicer.

Actually just last night I took my 2 rice cookers and put them in my outside storage, I use them for company but not for me. One is a mini one I got because I was alone now, really should just get rid of that.

I have a Ronco Ready Grill that looks like a giant toaster for meat... I considered putting that out in the outer sanctum as well... but was like, Why don't I use this? Probably because throwing meat in my cast iron skillet is much easier...for now it is still in the cabinet.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

seattledeb
on 2/24/17 2:14 pm

We should have an appliance potluck. Come and trade for things we want. 

I've gotten rid of a rice cooker,yogurt maker (and yet there is another one in the cabinet unused), and the slice toaster.

Still have that toaster oven although I'm on the no toast train.

My son uses the Cuisinart griller almost every day. He makes big meaty/cheesy sandwiches and sausage.

Vegbeth
on 2/24/17 2:40 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

I'll take anyone's kitchen aid that they don't want!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/17 3:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Me too! DS is a chef and wants a red one to replace his white one - his bday is coming (I'd get the older one)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

happyteacher
on 2/24/17 2:42 pm, edited 2/24/17 6:46 am

Oh, I have a bunch that have been banished to the basement graveyard.

Crepe maker

Mini pie maker

bullet blender

oster blender

ninja blender

ice cream maker

2 juicers (but do use the Breville model occasionally)

Stovetop pressure cookers smaller than 6 quarts (stopped using them after getting the IPs)

Foreman grill except when we take it to hotel rooms

2 Kitchen Aide mixers (but daughters are happy to take them)

Nuwave oven (used a lot when I couldn't lift/use arms for like two years but no need now)

4 or 5 crock pots

rice cooker

There are a slew more, that is just what I can think of off hand. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 3:00 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I have a big ass toaster/convection oven and I love it.  My kids make their frozen junk food (fries, nuggets, pizza) in it.  For the family, I bake chicken, roast asparagus and brussel sprouts, bake salmon...

I'd rather use it than heat up the oven, especially in the summer.

I don't eat toast, either.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

crqvingchange
on 2/24/17 8:37 pm

Fondue pot, big Moulinex, big blender wand, big blender.  I use my Magic Bullet a lot and of course, Keurig, Tassimo, French Press.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Lipsticklady
on 2/25/17 6:06 am
VSG on 05/14/13

I use my bullet, but it's not of the kitchen appliance variety! 

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active