Kitchen gadgets that no longer get love?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/17 3:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gina 22 years out
on 2/26/17 5:05 pm - Burleson, TX

Ice cream maker...hmmmm....I wonder if I still have one of those

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/24/17 9:00 am

I'm not so big on gadgets, except my KA stand mixer, but Bill loves them. He's never met a gadget he doesn't like. We have pretty much everything, including two juicers (for him, that he has used twice), a Keurig, a regular coffee pot, a super fast Bunn coffee pot, a French press, a percolater, a Bialetti, and this neat sciency coffee pot with a glass globe.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Gina 22 years out
on 2/26/17 5:06 pm - Burleson, TX

I could SO live at your house :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kristi T.
on 2/24/17 10:02 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My waffle Iron gets no love at all!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 2:47 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I use my waffle iron to make waffle omlets and ... don't laugh... Waffled Falafel!  They are so good that way!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 3:06 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 24, 2017 at 10:47 PM Pacific Time, Kat W. wrote:

I use my waffle iron to make waffle omlets and ... don't laugh... Waffled Falafel!  They are so good that way!

Whuuuuut?  Do you have a recipe for that?  My vegetarian daughter would love you forever!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 3:36 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Falafel Waffles

Ingredients

1/4 cup olive oil

lemon juice to taste

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 1.5 of almond flour

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon ground coriander

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2 large egg whites or 1 whole egg

2-3 cloves garlic

1.5 cups of cooked chick peas (I use ½ dry to make 1.5 c. -- I guess you can use a rinsed can?)

Toss it all in the food processor and pulse. It should be pretty smooth when ready. I head my iron to medium - spray with some oil (I use a misto with olive oil but pam would be fine) - fill ¾ full and shut gently. It takes about 5 to 6 minutes maybe? I usually get about 6 of them - I flash freeze them and heat them in the toaster oven. I like to eat them with a strong tahini sauce I make as well. They are a bit carby - so I do portion control them - and don't eat them every day. My husband usually eats 3 in a pita sandwich (naturally thin jerk). Doing them this way super cuts down on the calories from frying.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 3:55 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Thank you!  My kid loves falafel and I have never tried making them!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Pokemom
on 2/24/17 8:17 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

What great ideas!  I will definitely try the waffle falafel!

Most Active