Kitchen gadgets that no longer get love?

hollykim
on 2/24/17 7:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM Pacific Time, heidikat72 wrote:

Definitely my kitchen aid stand mixer. It used to always be on my counter and now it's on a bottom shelf in the pantry. I seriously used to give that thing a workout on the weekends - I loved to bake and my coworkers loved me for it.

I've thought about donating it - I only used it twice over christmas and probably could have just used my hand mixer for what I did - but gee**** was such a major "I want this" purchase for me back in the day that I kinda hate to part with it.

My electric pressure cooker now has it's place of honor on the counter and I use it every sunday to make my meals for the week.

an immersion blender and a Nutribullet

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 2:45 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I love my immersion blender -- I use it to thicken soups without using cornstarch.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jenorama
on 2/24/17 9:07 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

You can use it with the paddle attachment to shred chicken breasts if you do them up in the crock pot.

Jen

Lipsticklady
on 2/24/17 3:03 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I use my mixer to shred pork or chicken after it's been cooked in the Instant Pot.  I also use it to mix sausage balls, meatloaf or meatballs.  I hate touching raw meat.  Bluuuurp!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

The Salty Hag
on 2/24/17 6:31 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I see so many people that don't use their KA mixers anymore and I'm all over here..flipping the top down on one and lifting the bowl on the other...lol.  

To be fair, I do use the cheese grater attachment often...and I use both for baking. ( cloud bread aka Oopsies, soul bread, NSA goodies I have no business eating...har har. ) 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 6:33 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was thinking the same thing -- I use my KA at LEAST 4 times a week!!  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/24/17 6:36 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Wow, it's so funny how differently people use things.  I am VERY reliant on my toaster oven -- in fact, I wi**** were slightly larger!

I use my toaster oven to make tons of things that I used to make in my oven, since I make such small scale versions of things.  I make every thing in that little oven.

I'd say the item in my kitchen that is worthless is the juicer.  In fact, I gave it to my sister-in-law.

Gina 22 years out
on 2/24/17 6:44 am - Burleson, TX

Every slicer/dicer gadget I have ever had has made its way to the donation box. Either it was too hard to clean, too hard to put together, took up too much drawer space, or whatever//whatever

Just give me a knife...Of course, I would give Wolfgang Puck a heart attack with the types of knives I use, and my cutting techniques, but he can take that up with my Granny, in Heaven, when they meet :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/24/17 6:48 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

HaHa, this reminds me of the dicer gadget that I have, it's super small & I still kept it cuz it still did the job of chopping up stuff like garlic n onions, but its so small I forget where I store it & can never find it whenever I do need it. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gina 22 years out
on 2/26/17 4:58 pm - Burleson, TX

I have 3 fancy cutting boards. What I USE is a beat up, 10 inch Square thing, I got 3 marriages ago...I am just kinda partial to it, I guess

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active