Do you have the guts to admit you are going to watch this new TV show?

Mary Gee
on 2/21/17 11:43 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You couldn't pay me to watch that garbage.  Just seeing the commercials turns my stomach. 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

4MRB4PHOTO
on 2/22/17 2:14 am
VSG on 07/28/14

I won't be watching this.

The only thing that is positive about them broadcasting this showwith that woman, is that if there are advanced civilizations on another galaxy light years away, they will decode these electro-magnetic signals and determine there are no intelligent life forms on our planet.  

So in a way, this show will prevent our civilization from attack and dominance by extraterrestrial overlords, and for that I am thankful.

:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/22/17 2:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

VSGAnn2014
on 2/22/17 5:48 am
VSG on 08/14/14

SUPERLIKE!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/22/17 6:53 am
RNY on 12/31/13

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Kathy S.
on 2/22/17 7:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

beep, beep   Take me to your leader

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/22/17 4:43 am

Nope. Not me. I can't stand that family. Even when they are running just a preview of that show it can't be fast enough to change channels. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Eggface
on 2/22/17 5:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

These shows I think do more of a disservice to weight loss surgery too... usually filled with stereotypical, stigmatizing crap about "fat people" and in the interest of TV time weight seems to magically disappear reinforcing "the easy way" BS. The focus too is usually the before & after physical transformation vs. the reason most of us in the real world have weight loss surgery... major health issues.

and truly it must suck to be them post-op with rag mags snapping pictures from all angles to see if they are "gaining it all back" or pictures of them with anything but a carrot stick in their hand to proclaim they are "eating crap again." That's some pressure to deal with.

Anyway... not planning on tuning in unless I am forced to as part of some bizarre torture :) which can happen... in my teens I was on a cross country flight and my underwater CD player (showing my age) sealed shut with the cabin pressure and I was forced to loop the same CD over and over and over again. I know every single note of (speaking of celebrity WLSers) Wilson Phillips CD. I know there's pain... 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/22/17 12:47 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

You said all the intelligent things I was going to say.  

Nothing about my WLS story would be worthy of tv.  I didn't eat my way to 650lbs, I didn't drop to a size 4, I didn't date wildly, I didn't find a new job and win the lotto.  I just lost some weight and had to work hard to do it, had to stop with the carb feasting, and I'm not done.  My story isn't going to be done.  Which I think is perhaps the weirdest part about these reality shows is that you can just stop the story and assume that everything is just the way they left it.  She's now pretty, wears a bikini, runs 5miles a day, her kids love her, her husband came back, she has money, fame, and is skinny forever. /sigh

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/17 5:13 am - CA

I rarely watch reality TV and if I did this wouldn't be one of the shows.  I have issues with the individuals involved as well as how they will portray the surgery itself on the show.  For that family, it is another gimmick to make money, bottom line.  We live this surgery daily, she will live it for as long as it makes her money, then go back to her old habits.  

Most Active