Do you have the guts to admit you are going to watch this new TV show?

rachelp
on 2/21/17 2:38 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

I probably won't because I never watched Honey boo boo either.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Kathy S.
on 2/21/17 2:43 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi rachelp,

I never watched that show either but saw a preview about Honey boo boo's Mom having WLS and losing 150 pounds. That is what caught my attention.  I may need a translator but going to see the first one at least. I love the before and afters for weight loss surgery.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

rachelp
on 2/22/17 6:43 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I love before and afters too! I do admit that I went and looked up her before and after online after I posted this.I just don't care for her personally. BUT if you post about her, I will read it 

suzzzzz
on 2/22/17 10:52 am
VSG on 06/23/16
On February 21, 2017 at 10:43 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

Hi rachelp,

I never watched that show either but saw a preview about Honey boo boo's Mom having WLS and losing 150 pounds. That is what caught my attention.  I may need a translator but going to see the first one at least. I love the before and afters for weight loss surgery.

You took the words right out of mymouth! 

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 2:44 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

If I do, it will be between my fingers in horror.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/21/17 3:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

She (allegedly) put her children at risk by dating a man who molested her daughter. I have no interest in supporting her with my ad dollars.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 2/21/17 3:29 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yikes Julie, I pray that did not happen.....

Gina 22 years out
on 2/21/17 5:08 pm - Burleson, TX

Kathy...sadly, yes..it is true...

I am not ashamed to admit I watched every episode of Honey Boo Boo. It wasn't even gross, in the beginning. It was sweet how Mama June was a semi extreme couponer, to pay for Alana (Honey Boo Boo) to be in beauty pageants (I first saw her on my other guilty pleasure "Toddlers & Tiaras").

After a few seasons, they played it dumbed down, and grosser, and Honey Boo Boo wasn't very cute anymore.

Mama June left Sugar Bear and took up with a previous boyfriend, whom she knew had molested her oldest daughter, when the daughter was very young. Not cool. TLC cancelled the show.

This new show is not on TLC, so I guess it's someone else's turn to make some money.

Now, to answer your question....Will I watch it? Oh...probably at least once...  :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 2/21/17 6:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Gina,

I remember in the early days seeing her on a show about little girls beauty pageants.  But never watched the on anything else. I was on a status WeTV and saw the promo about this woman having WLS and losing over 150 pounds. I think she had PS too?  I will watch to see about the surgery as you said but from there, I don't know.  Was there really a person named Sugar Bear?  LOL

I hope whom ever did this, is in jail!

Gina 22 years out
on 2/21/17 6:25 pm - Burleson, TX

Sugar Bear is Honey Boo Boo's daddy. Should I be embarrassed that I know these things???????? I can't even remember his real name. He was kinda pitiful, but I liked him. Alana was his only bio child, but he was a good daddy to all of them, and grandpa, to the oldest's daughter's child. There was never talk of who the other father/fathers were

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active