A question for vets. Apple Cider Vinegar.

HonestOmnivore
on 2/23/17 1:03 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

2. Green Tea -

hahaha I have a friend who is an RN and she is always getting into the latest fad diets. She was over for dinner one night and going on and on about this Green Tea supplement she was trying - a one month supply was only $80 and she was so excited... I opened my refrigerator to show her the one gallon jug of green iced tea (Stash brand, Green Chai Tea) and explained that I drink green tea instead of water because it tastes better (I add stevia for sweetness). I said if THIS (motioning to my own larger body) is your goal, you're on the right track!"

Sorry, just had to share!  I still drink Green tea like it's my job, but mostly because I just like the taste :)

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/23/17 1:14 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I love it!  

BTW, I drink the same brand of green tea.  It's my favorite -- also with liquid stevia.  I also like a season peppermint green tea by Celestial Seasonings -- it has a slight hint of vanilla, too.  

I've been drinking green tea for a long time -- and i wouldn't have been a good advertising spokesperson for most of it!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 1:59 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I had a female trainer that took it daily for digestive reasons.  I did some reading myself and opted not to.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 2:09 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

What made you choose not to?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 2:34 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I was afraid of the affects on my stomach because I had some acid reflux and the taste is terrible.  I thought it would be too harsh.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 2:45 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

So I love the taste of vinegar but I hate reflux.  I don't have it often but that's an important thing to consider for sure.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 3:45 pm, edited 2/21/17 7:48 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I appreciate so much that you included me in a conversation today. It felt good to feel a part of the thread and general discussion.  It feels great to belong and feel validated.  I sincerely mean it. Thank you!

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:06 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Awwww!  What in the world are you going on about?  Why wouldn't you be included in a conversation.  I think (almost) all people add value to a conversation, no matter if they agree, disagree, debate, discuss.  It's those who are intentional hurtful, name call, etc. that have little place in MY world.

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 4:10 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I totally agree. I blocked the people that don't lift me higher.  It is a learning experience that's for sure. I have an open mind to all people and all opinions. Never would I profess to knowing everything. I never want to stop learning.  You're a sweetie!  

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/22/17 7:53 pm
I'm guessing this thread is the one that caused OH to post TOS again.....hahahaha. Lipstick lady....i like your style...always causing issues by requesting info form vets ....(J/K).

To answer your question. I am a vet. ACV does nothing for me. When I am trying to lose weight and have to go low carb, I have to PLAN. I mean really plan. When I'm sitting at home, watching TV, playing on my ipad....what am I going to eat.

I find the following g helps with my sweet cravings:

Low carb ice cream.
Sugar free ice pops (the sugar alcohol though can be a killer!)
Sugar free drinks (I like the sugar free orange CRUSH packets. OMG SO GOOD)
Atkins bars (chocolate peanut butter...mmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm)
I personally find cole slaw very sweet. I like to eat it with a burger patty.
I know someone mentioned cabbage soup. BUT i do find cabbage soup to really help with "cravings". Again, I find most cabbage dishes to be a bit sweet.

Hope this was helpful!

Scott

Most Active