A question for vets. Apple Cider Vinegar.

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 1:02 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I enjoy an ACV drink daily for the probiotic effects and the energy boost without caffeine or anything else chemical.  My gut and family thanks me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:43 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Probiotic effects?  That's a nugget of knowledge, too.  Thank you.  

(Less gassy?  Better poops?)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 4:14 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

There are oodles of claims that I don't buy into, but two days of an ACV drink and gas and poo becomes nearly odorless and I do get a boost of energy too.  You want to get unfiltered ACV with the mother. I was buying Bragg drinks, but recently started making them myself with Bragg ACV when I saw how simple the ingredients were.

Valerie
DS 2005

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:20 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

What kind of drinks?  I bought the Bragg brand and had my firs****er/acv ****tail this morning.  Blurp.  But manageable.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

Valerie G.
on 2/22/17 11:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

20120702appleciderbottleshot.jpg

Valerie
DS 2005

Lipsticklady
on 2/23/17 4:02 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Never seen those!  Don't think I could do it...  

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/23/17 5:01 pm
VAL How do you make these?
AggieMae
on 2/21/17 4:55 pm
VSG on 10/25/16
On February 21, 2017 at 9:43 PM Pacific Time, Lipsticklady wrote:

Probiotic effects?  That's a nugget of knowledge, too.  Thank you.  

(Less gassy?  Better poops?)

It would have to be raw apple cider vinegar with the "mother". We give it to our chickens in their water as part of our treatment to reduce their worm load without poison. 

I know for sure that it does something because I haven't lost one baby chick since I started giving then drink of it the day after they hatch. Generally speaking, about 20% of newborn chicks die of a digestive disorder we call "pasty butt" (sorry, I don't know the medical term)

Makes a great salad dressing too...As for weight loss, I'm skeptical.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Well, I'm fairly certain I don't have worms...

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/22/17 4:10 am

Everybody has worms.  If you don't - then very soon you may be dealing with autoimmune issue, including cribs, colitis... Etc... Like "good gut bacteria" we evolved with worms.  

There are people who now are given worms as a treatment for some autoimmune issues. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active