A question for vets. Apple Cider Vinegar.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:41 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 21, 2017 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, Nik_H wrote:

I am assuming that by asking for vets input, you are looking for info from those people who are far enough out from surgery that may have experience regain and opted to use this method to lose the regain.   I have had regain, but have never opted to use this method.  However, I did have a friend that after having RNY and only losing 80 lbs during the first 24 mos, decided to use this method to lose her additional weight.  She swore that it gave her energy and she felt like she was losing weight, but at the end of 6 mos, she had lost none of her additional weight and even put on maybe 15 lbs.  I just don't see how this can work.  Even though there are so many people who say they have lost weight on it, but you can never find anyone who can really contribute weight loss to the ACV.  

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

Nik  

Right after my surgery, I had a lot of issues of eating something and being immediately exhausted to the point of not being able to drive for 20-30 minute spells.  I'm almost four years out now and while those occasions have lessened to occurring maybe once or twice a week, I would love to find a solution.  If it helped my daddy out at the same time, awesome!

I asked for vet experience because I would be shocked if a newer WLS patient was drinking vinegar on a newly sutured stomach and I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that I was suggesting that would be OK.  Also, I know the leveling of my blood sugar NOW is much different than it was almost four years ago.

When I ask a dietary question, it's MUCH more helpful to get an answer from someone who has been there/done that than someone who shouldn't be doing that at all.

(It feel so weird to justify my questions and why I am addressing them to whom I am asking.  HA!!)

Thanks Nik_H for understanding me.  :)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/17 2:02 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Being exhausted after eating sounds like reactive hypoglycemia, but you don't give much of a description. It's pretty much controlled by lowering carbs, and increasing fats and some protein.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 2:08 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

So, it's happens with no rhyme or reason.  I am VERY good about following my plan ****il about 8pm).

Like I said, it's happening with less frequency but I did start journaling it on my calendar to see if I could figure out how I was triggering it.

Last week it happened after a lunch of 3 oz of baked salmon and 4 or 5 feta stuffed olives.  The week or so before that it happened after breakfast.  I had eaten a soft scrambled egg with spinach and gouda.  The incident before that was after a lunch of sashimi (tuna and salmon) and a cup of miso soup.

(I got the high fat part down, for sure!)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/21/17 5:59 pm

I used to get low BS on a very low carb diet.  Proteins and fat. It was very frustrating.  Until I found information about food insulin index and learned that our body release insulin in response to proteins. Different proteins- different qty- different response. And that also may depend on the day, on time of the day and our hormones like cortisol... And sooooo many other things.  Even on what type of food the animals ate shortly before they were killed. Etc etc. 

Google food insulin index... Very interesting.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 6:16 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Oh lord....  That sounds like too much for me.  Ugh....

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 2:14 pm - CA

Grim is right, that definitely sounds like RH.  Check out this article,  it may or may not be of help, but at least you can see if your symptoms fit and know whether it is something you are experiencing.   I get RH and I when it hits me, I am down anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. I do better controlling it now, but it has been a PITA in the past years.  

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 2:20 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Thanks!  I am going to try adding high fiber veggies to my meals to see if that helps.  

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/17 11:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I know someone who swore by vinegar and water. He was kind of a douche, though.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Deanna798
on 2/21/17 12:04 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

OMG, LOLOLOLOL!

Thank you for the laugh, I really needed it today.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:42 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

HAHAHAHAHAA!!

Most Active