Serious question but an odd one, I know... NSV? Kind of?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/21/17 7:29 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Ass.  Always.

I am rather short, too.  

Have you ever watched Fight Club?  It's addressed in the film -- 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:32 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

HA!  Never seen it.  I didn't fit too well into movie seats so I've never really liked movies.  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/21/17 1:50 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I rarely see movies in the theater.  I already have a second mortgage on my house.

It's old -- Brad Pitt was still hot in it.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:54 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I loved me some young Brad Pit....

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

VSGAnn2014
on 2/21/17 5:39 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Just learned the definition of "crop dust."  Can't wait to use that. Thanks.  ;)  

Re "fat" and variations thereof, I'm a fan of the simple, descriptive, accurate words we can use to claim our histories, experiences, and identities.  

I remember when nice people used to whisper (or even silently mouth) words like:  homosexual, black, Mexican, and feminist.  They also used to whisper words like cancer, bipolar, alcoholism, and rape.

The meaning and power of specific words may change over time, sometimes dramatically.  After all, fans were once called "fanatics."

;)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 5:51 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I am so in love with you.  

81kellograms
on 2/22/17 7:39 am
VSG on 12/01/16

I find it easier to say "excuse me" face to face than ass to face. Plus, if I lose my balance, I can catch myself instead of landing in some poor persons lap. No that's never happened, but if obesity has taught me anything, it's how to logistically plan out all my moves so I'm prepared for any event that might embarrass me. So looking forward to living my life on the fly!

47 years old, 5'7", highest weight: 320, surgery weight: 295, goal weight: 158

PostOp (4 months): 25lbs, 1M: 20lbs, 2M: 10lbs

Jester
on 2/22/17 10:04 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

I tend to put my butt towards them.  Something about putting my junk in their face seems even worse.

But, on another note - do you still have anxiety about the booths?  I'm now a 5'8" man weighing 145lbs and I can not hep but immediately eyeball the booths when walking in a restaurant (old habits die hard).  And when a restaurants has small booths I can still feel the old anxiety creeping back in, and I still feel a sense of relief when I fit.  Like there is ANYWAY I can't fit in a booth now??  It's not a logic thing, it's an emotional thing.  I'm 11 months out from surgery and have been able to fit in almost all booths for probably at least the last 8-9 months.

Eventually it would be nice to not even think about it!

Lipsticklady
on 2/23/17 4:11 am
VSG on 05/14/13

You will totally get there. I was about a year before it started feeling natural not to worry about fitting.

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 2/22/17 2:03 pm

Consider that you'd probably rather not have a stranger's butt wipe your table, clean your plate or caress your cheek.  Let them see your face.

Hope that helps with the conundrum.

Most Active